11 Rumor has it Lady Lowenheim was Jealous

"Ah!" Adarian woke with a start. He clutched his chest. He could swear he could still feel the blade penetrating his heart. He still could not believe the level of betrayal, and the plotting it took for him to die that way. He looked around his room. 'What day is it? How long did it take me back?'

He got up from his bed and went over to his desk. He had always kept the date displayed on his desk. He was so busy otherwise that he would never remember what day it was. They always meshed together.

'Crap,' he thought 'I've already met her.' Meeting her at that party was the start of everything. Adarian thought back to all the actions that led to his death. After the execution of Duke Caliban, the house had to be searched. There was a chance that there were others involved in the plot to kill him and take over the throne. He wanted to catch them all at once.

He had every nook and cranny searched. He had them go through the entire house and find every hidden chamber and secret space. There would be no room for error. The search was so thorough and did not yield anything in the secret spaces. He hadn't found anything alluding to treason aside from the initial evidence. Not until they searched Olivia's chambers. There was a diary. He took it so he could investigate it himself.

When he read it, he was surprised to find that there was no plot inside it. He thought that perhaps it was in code, so he combed through it over and over again. At first when he had gone through it, if it didn't have anything to do with the plot to assassinate him. Then he didn't care what it said at first.

He had every nook and cranny searched. He had them go through the entire house and find every hidden chamber and secret space. There would be no room for error. The search was so thorough and did not yield anything in the secret spaces. He hadn't found anything alluding to treason aside from the initial evidence. Not until they searched Olivia's chambers. There was a diary. He took it so he could investigate it himself.

When he read it, he was surprised to find that there was no plot against him inside it. He thought that perhaps it was in code, so he combed through it over and over again. At first when he had gone through it, if it didn't have anything to do with the plot to assassinate him. Then he didn't care what it said at first.

However the more he looked at it, the more he noticed a pattern emerged, it was written in such a way that every single bad thing that had happened was Graciella's fault. He thought the villainess Olivia was trying to frame his wife from the grave. Graciella had told Adarian how evil Olivia was when they were growing up, and how her cruelty grew with her age.

He did not believe anything in the diary. Not at first. But as he read he wondered if perhaps Olivia had confused herself, or made herself believe everything she had written about her sister. Finally he started to notice little things. Many of the maids Graciella had brought with her seemed to truly be afraid of her.

Graciella was so careful around him. He never paid attention to her correspondence before, but he also noticed there was quite a few foreigners that she wrote to on a regular basis. They were not the nobles in power, but if what was indeed true, then they soon would be. Olivia had done a thorough job in explaining all the misdeeds of Graciella. And according to what Olivia had written, Graciella had no reason to hid her plans from Olivia. No one would believe Olivia.

He started paying attention to the things that happened around Graciella. Previously he was busy with the investigation of Oscar and Olivia, and hadn't paid attention to the rumors surrounding the Nobility. Not until the investigation of the Duke Caliban's house was finished. But now there were new rumors surrounding Lady Lowenheim, everyone said she had gone crazy and started yelling at people, slandering Queen Graciella at the last party she was at. He remembered reading in Olivia's diary about the drug she had the maid take resulting in the injury of another maid. It had driven the maid mad for a short time. Olivia had stated that Graciella threatened her to do as she said, or she would be given a small dose everyday resulting in her going mad forever.