26 Marquis Charles Praxis

The day Olivia arrived in the castle...

Marquis Praxis was feeling much better now that he had taken care of his little problem. He wouldn't have had to be so rushed about it if that king had just given him more time. As it was, last night he had to go to that filthy place and hire someone to do it for him. It was a risk. But it was an even bigger risk to let Olivia get close to the king.

Everything would be solved once Olivia was out of the picture. He knew the kind of men he was sending her to, but the little b1tch deserved it. From the first time she had messed with Graciella's food, he stopped caring about her. She could have done as she pleased everywhere else, and he wouldn't have minded. But she just had to go after his precious girl.

Still he didn't want others to think he was unkind to a relative's child, and he felt a little bad for her. So he spent money on her. He let it be known to everyone else that he spoiled the little thing.

He had heard that Olivia was doing bad things and framing Graciella for them. But there was never any evidence that Olivia framed Graciella. It really did look like Graciella had done those things.

He should have put a stop to it then, but Graciella pleaded with him to let Olivia stay. "Please papa! She's my only friend!" She told Olivia right in front of him to promise to be good so she could stay. Olivia promised with tears in her eyes.

...

... Unbeknownst to the Marquis, Graciella had threatened to have the young maid Claire beat to death in front of Olivia if she dared to speak out or refuse. Olivia didn't know that Claire was on Graciella's side at that time, so she agreed to obey Graciella.

...

...

He couldn't let his poor little girl suffer. So he allowed Olivia to stay, as long as she behaved. She did behave, for a long time Olivia did nothing wrong. At least not inside the house. But outside the house, he didn't care about those issues. Graciella even began to get better, and stronger. This made the Marquis wonder if Olivia had indeed done something to Graciella's food. He didn't trust Olivia at all.

Then about a year ago Olivia began her old tricks again, she started plotting sneaky things against his precious daughter again. Now Olivia, who already had a fiance, just had to seduce the king. Olivia only did this because Graciella liked the king. Graciella had danced with the king, everyone said what a stunning match they would make.

He was certain that the King would choose Graciella. She was the epitome of what a noble lady should be. He was just grateful that Olivia didn't have too much influence over Graciella. If Olivia had influenced Graciella to misbehave then Olivia would never have been able to set foot into the house again.

But this time, when Olivia seduced the king in front of everyone, and his Graciella returned from the ball in tears, He knew he had waited too long. He had really allowed that horrible villainess to stay in his home and harm his daughter.

Graciella didn't even want to tell him what had happened. The chaperone that he sent with Graciella had been the one to tell him. Olivia had really seduced the king. Not only that but he had heard from that same maid that she saw Olivia taking recreational drugs that commoners used. Where did she even get that from? It must be from some unscrupulous person she was associated with. Perhaps he should have paid more attention to who her friends were. But back then he thought 'Why should I?' He had only brought her here from the orphanage to be a playmate for Graciella.

Olivia seducing the man Graciella was supposed to marry was the last straw. He wanted Olivia out of the house. Immediately! At first he was ok with moving the wedding to Oscar forward. It meant she would no longer be his problem. But then she demanded the engagement be annulled. After it was annulled, she said words that sounded like music to his ears. She wanted to go to the Southern Convent to repent. He knew she was just planning to run away from the problems she caused. She was not the type to give herself up for punishment. She was too scheming for that. He agreed to let her go.