39 Set The Date

Olivia looked at Adarian and said, "I planned on talking about it with him today."

"You did?" Adarian looked at her happily. She was sincerely thinking about their wedding.

"I wanted to know what your Ideal wedding would be like so we could plan around both our preferences," she explained.

Lady Lowenheim looked at Olivia surprised. Preferences? Preferences for what? Weddings were traditional. Nothing ever changed about weddings. They were the royal couple, all the major decisions had been made for them.

The only thing they needed to decide on was the style of the bride and groom's clothing. Perhaps she ment preferences on the date? Everything was already decided for the Royal couple. The colors of the wedding, the flowers they would use, where the wedding could take place, and the people who were to stand for them as attestants and wedding party members. Even the dishes at the reception were pre-chosen.

Olivia must not know this yet. She wondered if Olivia had other thoughts. Most women who were not royalty dreamed about the perfect wedding, didn't they?

"Alright," Adarian smiled. "I want to have the wedding as quickly as possible. If we could do it tomorrow then I would be happy with that."

Olivia looked at him curiously, "Would that be okay?" She would be happy with a small wedding for just the two of them. She still wasn't comfortable with other people. It would also be for the best if the Praxis family wasn't present.

"Absolutely not!" Lady Fredericka Lowenheim saw the way Adarian doted on Olivia. If she didn't say anything now, the two of them would probably really elope! If that happened Olivia would never be able to gain any authority as queen. It wouldn't matter how much love Adarian showed for her, or the fact that the Greystone family supported her. If the nobles in this kingdom were not involved in this wedding, it was as bad as announcing Olivia as a mistress instead of a wife. "You know that you have to hold a wedding no matter what! Even if neither of you want to do it, you have to hold a massively public wedding. Olivia also needs more power. Actual power. Not just the power you give her. She needs to be the head of every noble wife. She won't be able to accomplish that if you elope!"

"I know," Adarian said. "I wouldn't have eloped with her even if I did want to marry her right away. What is the fastest amount of time we can have the wedding in?"

"You want to have it quickly? Didn't you say we will only announce the date after I'm ready to be the queen? I don't even know the etiquette needed to get through the wedding ceremony! Much less converse with any foreign dignitaries you'll invite. Do you invite foreigners to the king's wedding? I've seen movies about period dramas where foreigners attend the royal wedding. Is that the case here?" Olivia panicked.

They both looked at her only half understanding. She just wanted to know if she had to deal with foreigners right?

"If there are foreigners, it will be from the Fluorspar country, where my mother is from," Adarian explained. "And because they will be on Cernealian soil, they have to follow our etiquette, not the other way around."

"But we will have to teach you foreign etiquette for when you make formal visits to other countries," Fredericka interjected.

"Ok, good," Olivia thought out loud, "So for now, all I need to know is everything for the wedding ceremony-"

"-And coronation," Freddie interrupted.

"...And coronation," Olivia continued, "and royal etiquette. How long would it have taken me to learn Royal Etiquette if I were the original Olivia?"

"You've only been learning royal etiquette officially for 3 days," Adarian said, "From what I remember it took Queen Roquell the longest to learn and that was 3 months. But she was originally a comonor, and she met the king at a ball."