18 Olivia Carter

"Did you also travel back in time Olivia Carter? " His question rang in her ears.

"... I... see. I get how it looks that way," she hesitated, slowly enunciating every word.

He knew her name. He called her name. Her. Name. Not Oliva Praxis. Olivia Carter. She knew there had been so many changes from the original novel that her head spun. However, Olivia Carter had not expected for Adarien to have been reincarnated.

He was the reason that the diary had changed. He was the reason that she was currently here in the castle.

Olivia decided it was now or never, she had to tell him who she really was.

"I'm... Not... exactly Olivia Praxis," Olivia said hesitantly. She was also trying consciously not to stutter. She didn't want him to think she was lying about her own story, since he had already associated that with lying. "My story is... quite different. It's weird."

"Is it as weird as my story?" He asked, really curious. Who else, but someone who had reincarnated, would believe it?

"Yeah... I would say it's definitely, probably weirder than your story." Her speech pattern changed. She stopped speaking properly. She was not going to hold back. She could not speak about this in a proper manner if she wanted to. She had so many feelings welling up inside her, but the biggest feeling was just to get her story out there in the open. If just one person could know about it, then she could feel like her existence here was not a lie.

She began to pace as she spoke, "I mean, I'm not even from this planet. Well, not that I'm an alien. Oh! Maybe I am an alien. I'm not sure how this works." She stopped and looked him in the eye, "I mean, you guys have aliens here right? Somebody here has to believe in them. I mean... maybe... right?"

Olivia's words came out in a flurry, not stopping for breath at all. Adarian barely understood any of it. But he saw that she was definitely ready. To tell him her story.

"Just start where you feel comfortable," he encouraged.

"Ok," she relented. "You can ask questions, but if we get off track or go off on a wild tangent then I won't be able finish my story, so.please keep your questions limited. Ok?"

"He nodded in agreement, not willing to break her thread if thought."

"My name is Olivia Carter. Due to horrible reasons in my childhood, I grew up to be sickly," She began. She had glossed over her childhood trauma with just this one sentence. Then she noticed Adarian's questioning look as he eyed her body. She did not look like she had grown up unhealthy at all.

"I'll get there," She said to him. "I did say that I'm not from this planet, and I meant it. I'm from a different planet. I can't even tell you how far away it is, or if it's even in this universe." Then she said to herself, "That's a thought, the multiverse." She waved the thought away physically with her hand, and told him. "Ignore me I'm a nerd." He didn't know what a nerd was.

"Anyway," she began again, "I spent a lot of time in the hospital. You have hospitals here right? If you don't you should make some. My world is pretty futuristic." She then realized if she tried to explain everything to him, it would take forever explaining all the foreign things about her world would take a lifetime.

"Well let me just get to the main point," She finally said. "I read a novel; that hasn't been completed yet; called Graciella's dark days. In this story, Graciella is the hero. And you are her main love interest." She looked at him seeing his face grimace. She nodded in understanding. She wouldn't want to be Graciella's love interest either.

"In that version of the story Olivia Praxis," she pointed to herself, "was the villain who always tried to harm Graciella. I had read up to the part where Lady Fredericka Lowenheim was going crazy. It was described differently from the actual events that happened to you." She had watched his reaction to her simplified version of her story so far, and determined she should state the novel she read was different from actual events. After all she was a far cry from the villainess portrayed in the story.