15 I Stole Your Water

Olivia wanted to take her time going back to her seat. She took her time flipping the glass over. And she poured the water very slowly. She had just finished pouring the water, and began to grab the glass when a hand reached from behind her and grabbed the glass. She turned to see the King standing very close to her drinking the water she just poured.

She was stuck between him and the table. She could not step back to get him out of her personal bubble. He drank slowly, and he drank it all. He kept her there blocking any escape she might want to make with his body.

He watched her out of the corner of his eye while he drank. He could see that she was nervous, but trying to hide that she was. He had walked in while she was fiddling with the glass. Then he saw her deliberately pour the water very slowly. He guessed she was avoiding sitting down. He walked right up behind her as she poured, and when she was done, he took the cup.
She did not know that this was royal tradition. This was a special water that was blessed by Volim, the god of Love.

He poured more water into the cup. "I stole your water," he said in a low voice. "Drink." He gently put the cup to her lips.

She was so nervous that she grabbed the cup and drank. She drank about half when King Adarian leaned in close to her ear. "Finish it," he demanded.

Olivia blushed from his close proximity and nodded. She finished the glass thinking if she did he would back off a bit. He took the cup from her, placed it on the table, and stepped back. Now though she didn't know it, in the eyes of Volim, they were married. This nuptial cup could only be used once. He had not used it with Rachel, and he had not used it with Graciella. Normally he would wait until they had been married officially for 5 years before he would have used the nuptial waters, but he knew deep down this would be his last marriage.

He even felt as though the god of Love was looking in his book smiling, seeing Adarian's name finally show up.

Even if Olivia did turn out to be a villainess, he would keep her as his wife. He would devote himself to her. He felt like he already knew her from her diary anyway. He did not think she could be a villainess. But he did want her to become stronger. She should become an evil woman to both Graciella and Oscar.

He grabbed her hand and led her to the sofa. "Please sit," He wanted to treat her gently from now on. Her death in his past life was on him. He believed the initial evidence and moved quickly.

He was certain that if she had come back in time like he had, then she knew it was his fault she died in his last life. He didn't know if she blamed him for it. But she did seem very nervous around him. What he didn't know was that Olivia was not used to positive attention from just about anyone, let alone the opposite sex. The more he tried to ease her nerves, the nicer he was to her.

As he led her to the large sofa, Olivia noticed the driver was no longer in the room. This caused her to be even more nervous, because 'WTF! Why is he acting like this?' was all she could think. 'What is he plotting? Why wasn't I taken to the convent? Was this why the driver was switched? I really need to calm down!' She could feel her chest was heavy, and she was trying to make her breathing come out even because she was being watched. She was having some serious anxiety right now. She didn't want it to seem like she had something to be nervous over, but the sheer terror she was thinking up was showing anyway.

"Do I scare you?" King Adarian asked as he sat right next to her. He found himself wanting to tease her.

'Yes! WTH! Of course you scare me. All you gotta do is say off with her head like the red queen, and I'm done for.' She shook her head no. She was too scared to say the truth. What if the truth offended him? There was enough space for there to be another two people on the other side of him. 'Does he have a distance problem?'