Easter Eggs

Author's Note: Something I try to do is add significance to the subtext of my writing, and one of the ways I do that is by adding easter eggs referencing past events (either in canon or in the Price series). I decided to make a list of all the ones I've added up to this point. Enjoy!

Prologue: "Doing what Rebel command ordered was one thing, but how he did it, that was another." Season 1, Episode 2 of The Clone Wars. Referencing a quote from Anakin Skywalker.

Season 1:

Episode 1 (1): "Some [Jedi] had seen killed with his own two eyes, some he had seen lying lifeless on the ground, and still some others he had seen reported dead by news frequencies on the HoloNet." Back in the Game, 9.17.3. Referencing the news report that announced the death of the majority of the Jedi Council and the Jedi Order, as well as Ahsoka Tano.

Episode 1 (2): "Again, the Force inside [Kanan] seemed to wake up." Learning to Live, 8.12.2. Referencing Ahsoka's decision to rejoin with the Force.

Episode 1 (2): "You can try to stop helping people, but if I know you, then you won't be able to stop yourself from doing what you know is right. So promise me that you will never try to stop. The world is going to need you one day, Caleb. It will always need people like you." Back in the Game, 9.2.2. Direct quote from Ahsoka Tano to Caleb Dume.

Episode 4 (2): "Yes, I'm afraid Master Windu died at the hand of the Republic, but his bones continue to serve the Empire, luring the last Jedi to their ends." Back in the Game, no specific citation. Previously, the fate of Mace Windu in the Price series was unknown. Also indirectly referencing the early death of Master Luminara Unduli, who died at the hand of Barriss Offee in 9.13.3, and was originally in the sarcophagus in canon.

Episode 4 (2): "[Kanan] met the Inquisitor during the Clone War, and she didn't look like [the Grand Inquisitor]! For one thing, she was a Togruta, and for another, she was a she!" Blurred Sides, 7.4.3. Referencing the duel between Caleb Dume and the First Sister, whom Caleb did not know and never realized was also Ahsoka Tano.

Episode 4 (2): "As I'm sure you remember, she was killed after she assassinated Lord Sideous." Blurred Sides, 7.12.4. Referencing the assassination of Sheev Palpatine/Darth Sideous at the hand of the First Sister.

Oneshot: "[Mandalore] called upon a Republic General, one who had been trusted by the previous Duchess of Mandalore, Satine Kryze. Together, they rallied rebels from all over Mandalore as well as clone troopers from Coruscant, and they attacked the capital." Back in the Game, 9.14.1-9.14.5. Referencing the Siege of Mandalore. The 'Republic General' was Ahsoka Tano, who was not officially granted the rank but was called 'General' by her soldiers.

Oneshot: "[Ahsoka] had shown him what it meant to be a Padawan in the Jedi Order, and what respect towards the clone troopers was." Blurred Sides, 4.1.1-4.1.7. Referencing Ahsoka Tano's mentorship to Caleb Dume and their first mission together.

Oneshot: "[Ahsoka] had been the one he had turned to when the Jedi Masters and Knights had disappeared and there was no one else to help them." Back in the Game, 9.1.3. Referencing the Changeling infiltration of the Jedi temple on Coruscant.

Oneshot: "[Ahsoka] had been a safe place to confide in when he was experiencing emotions that he knew were not right for a Jedi to have." Back in the Game, 9.2.2. Referencing a conversation between Ahsoka Tano and Caleb Dume.

Oneshot: "His heart had broken when he had seen the news report that declared she had been killed after the Siege of Mandalore." Back in the Game, 9.17.3. Referencing the news report that announced the death of Ahsoka Tano.