*Episode 2 (1)

Author's Note: After extensive consideration, I've come to the conclusion that although I want to preserve the overall trajectory of Episodes 2 & 3, I can't stick exactly to the plot in Star Wars: Rebels. There will be multiple adjustments to these episodes that I will explain in due time, but I ask that you bear with me until the explanations come.

Days later, not much had been done. The fleet was well out of the reach of the Empire now, but their escape didn't feel like much of a victory. Aboard one of the transports, Commander Sato was broadcasting to Hera and the rest of the Ghost crew. Fulcrum was standing against the wall, observing and wondering if he should speak up about his idea or not.

As Kanan and Ezra walked in together, they caught the middle of the conversation. "The destruction of our command ship has severely limited our ability to fight the Empire in this sector."

"So maybe we don't fight...uh, Commander Sato, sir," Ezra suggested before petering out. Anakin hid a grin and shook his head. Teenagers. "When things got tough for me on Lothal, I'd go find someplace to hide."

"You are never shy with your opinions, Ezra Bridger," Sato grumbled, "but establishing a base is a good idea."

"Problem is, none of the potential bases we know of have the tactical advantage we need to protect what's left of our fleet," Hera explained. This wasn't the first time this topic had come up.

Kanan walked up behind Hera. Ever since their stand-off against Offee, he had been trying to be a little more helpful. A little. "Or aid the nearby systems suffering from Imperial oppression."

"We can't help others if we can't help ourselves, Kanan," she reminded him, though she knew where his heart was at. "If only we had more allies."

Well, there are no accidents in the Force, Anakin thought, and he spoke up. "I think there's something we can do about that."

Everyone in the room turned, and he had their attention. "I knew a military commander who's been in the Outer Rim ever since the fall of the Republic. With how much time he's spent there, he might be able to suggest somewhere we could establish a base. His leadership skills would make him a powerful ally."

"How do we recruit this...leader?" Sato asked as Anakin walked behind his hologram.

"Finding him would be the first issue," Skywalker explained. "I haven't heard from him since I went underground, over fifteen years ago."

That didn't daunt Ezra. "We can find him. Let us try."

Grinning, Anakin crossed his arms. "There's something I haven't tried yet, if you're willing."

~

"Is that...the head of an old tactical droid?"

As Anakin set it in Sabine's arms, he explained to Kanan and the Ghost crew. "These droids were good at finding things, calculating." He raised an eyebrow at the thing. "Found me more times than I'd like to admit."

Ezra leaned in close to get a good look at it, and even Sabine (who was sporting a completely new hair color) seemed like she had her doubts. "How in all the galaxy is that droid gonna find your friend?" Chopper seemed to be slightly offended by his question.

"The only transmission I've received from him was an old signal, one I was able to trace to the Seelos system yesterday. You can start there," he offered, walking out of the cockpit.

"You're not coming with us?"

"I have something else that needs my attention."

"Offee," guessed Kanan, who watched him walked toward the door.