*Episode 7 (1)

"Why are we here again?"

Here, at the moment, was en route to Alderaan. Kanan, Ezra, and Zeb were flying the Ghost while Hera, Sabine, and Chopper were manning the new B-wing. The hyperspace jump was almost over, so all three men had gathered in the cockpit of the Ghost. 

"We're here to drop off the B-wing for inspection," Kanan explained, fiddling with the controls. "The rebel council wants some of their mechanics to give it a once-over before they start manufacturing more, just in case."

"I've never been to Alderaan before," Ezra realized, looking to his master. "What's it like?"

Kanan laughed a little. "You know, I've never been either. I guess this will be a first for all of us."

The Ghost dropped out of hyperspace right before the B-wing did right next to them. The beautiful planet appeared before them, quite serene and secure. It was a nice change, after the most recent mission the Spectres had been assigned. 

The capital city, Aldera, was beginning to enter its night. According to the coordinates Senator Organa had given them, that's where the mechanics were based. Kanan activated the engine and began flying toward the surface, knowing Hera was close behind him. As they got closer to the planet, it only seemed more beautiful. How was it that something like this still existed in such a horror-ridden galaxy?

None of them spoke much on the way into the atmosphere. Everyone was more concerned with taking in the view. After they entered the lower atmosphere, they could see the royal palace, where Senator Organa lived. Though no one said as much aloud, they all wished they could spend a few days there. It would probably be quiet and peaceful, although their armor might seem out of place in such a serene establishment.

The city surrounding the palace wasn't nearly as fancy, but it still respected the natural landscape and highlighted Alderaanian taste for beauty. Perhaps it was the lack of Imperial presence. As far as the rebels could see, no stormtroopers were patrolling the streets, and they hadn't seen any Star Destroyers on their way in. Compared to what the Ghost crew was accustomed to, this felt like paradise. 

Near the outskirts of the city, Senator Organa's coordinates led them to the right workshop. The Ghost and the B-wing touched down on the landing pad outside, but no one greeted them when they disembarked from the ships.

Sabine took off her helmet, looking around. "It's quiet. I think the shop already closed."

"Closed to the public," Hera agreed, "but not for rebels. Just follow my lead." They walked to the garage doors, and Hera dug in her pockets for a small wooden medallion she had been given. It had the Rebellion crest on it, and according to Senator Organa, it would confirm their identity to the mechanics. 

The lights were off in the garage, but when Hera peered through the windows, she saw a young teenage girl sweeping the floor. She tapped on the glass to get the girl's attention, then held up the medallion. After a moment of staring, the girl recognized the symbol, and her face brightened. She held up one finger, signaling for Hera to wait, before running to the door on the opposite side of the garage and disappearing. 

"You see? What did I tell you?" Hera asked, tucking the wooden piece back in her pocket. 

"What is this shop called?" Zeb asked, looking around. "I don't see a name on the side of the building."

Hera racked her memory for the answer. "Slashed Diamonds... I think."

After a moment, Ezra pointed at the window, where someone had put up a sign. "Looks right to me," he noted. The sign he was pointing to had a rhombus with a line running diagonally through it.