Episode 4

"Speaking of discipline," Kanan growled once he heard the Phantom docking with the Ghost again. Ezra slid down the ladder and the adults stood up to chat. "Ezra, we need to talk."

"Yeah, we do," he agreed surprisingly as he was joined by Sabine and eventually Zeb. "About the two Inquisitors we just ran into."

"Inquisitors?" Kanan asked, and everyone was on edge now. Rex stared at the young Padawan. He had heard plenty about the Grand Inquisitor, but he was under the impression that he was dead. Not that it meant anything, the original Inquisitor had 'died' too, but no one else knew that except for Skywalker.

Kanan and Hera looked at each other before looking back at the teenagers. Sabine put her two cents in. "Yes, two. We got lucky. Zeb saved us," she explained, gesturing back to him as he climbed down with the medical supplies they had been sent to find. "Without him, things could have been bad."

Rex nodded at the Lasat. "Well done, soldier."

"It was a group effort," he said humbly. Now that he had teased the other kids a little bit, there was no need to show off. "Those Inquisitors are nasty business. Kanan, why didn't you tell us there were more of 'em?"

They all looked to Kanan, but he was speechless. He didn't have an answer. Hera stepped in before anyone else could speak and Kanan sat down. "Commander Sato is going to need a full report on this."

Everyone seemed willing to drop the question for the time being. "Well, we did get the medical supplies," Ezra reminded her. "Some of them."

"Well, that's good news," she assured him. "I'll meet you three on the command deck," she decided, and Zeb, Sabine, and Ezra took that as their cue to leave.

Before that, though, Ezra said one last thing. "Kanan, they knew about Master Skywalker."

"I'll tell him," he promised, and to himself he thought, and that won't be the only thing I say.

When all the others had left the room, Rex and Hera turned to Kanan. "Did you know there was more than one?"

"No, I didn't," he confessed, his voice low. To Rex, he asked, "Do you think Skywalker knows?"

"I honestly don't know," Rex admitted, "but if anyone knows, it would be him. You should give him a call."

He planned to, but Kanan shook his head. "We really have no idea what we're up against."

~

Anakin was in the middle of a mission when the call came. Thankfully, he was in the thick of a market that was completely crowded, so there was no way for Imperial forces to single him out. Good thing, too, because he wasn't expecting a transmission.

It was R2-D2 who let him know he had a call. "Buddy, you know I don't take calls at times like these," he reminded him. "Is this one important?"

Artoo told him it was Kanan calling, and Anakin hesitated. No matter how much Kanan disliked military hierarchy, he respected protocols like these and wouldn't call unless it was urgent. He looked around, decided he didn't want to chance being overheard, and slid down a back alley before jumping up to the rooftops.

After making sure stormtroopers couldn't see him from any lookout posts, he spoke into his comlink again. "Cloak the transmission and put him through."

The droid complied, and soon his comlink crackled with static before establishing the connection. "This is Fulcrum," Anakin said, signalling he wasn't in a safe position to talk openly. Kanan would know and understand.

"Spectre-1 to Fulcrum, sorry about the timing," the familiar voice came through. "I didn't know who else to call, though."

"It's alright, I've got some time," he assured him. "Is everyone okay?"