Episode 12

Kanan, Sabine, and Ezra walked into the common room of the Ghost after another successful supply run. Ezra was doing better than ever. He was more confident, stronger, and was finding his niche with the group. He was still undisciplined and rough around the edges, still a street rat if you will, but he was embracing it and using. It was a welcome development.

"Senator Trayvis," a reporter asked from the HoloNet projector that Zeb, Hera, and Chopper were watching. "Now that you've recommitted yourself to the Empire, will your followers do the same?"

"Most will, Alton," the senator replied, much to the annoyance of the rebels. No one seemed as happy as they did a few days ago when they last heard him broadcast. "These were good people who simply wanted to make the Empire a better place, peacefully. But I'm afraid these insurgents have twisted my message into something violent and frightening."

The broadcast switched to an image of the five rebels (Chopper wasn't included). They were pissed off about what was being said, but they had to admit they looked kinda cool posing like that.

"Of course, I can't abide that," Trayvis went on. "So I'm personally offering a reward for their capture.

Waving his arms through the image of the credits, Zeb groaned. "Karabast. Shut it off," he told Hera.

She, of course, obliged. "Still makes me sick to think that Trayvis is working for the Empire." After all, she was the one who had dedicatedly listened to him for so long.

"Every time we win, we lose," Ezra realized, downcast.

"Well, I have a plan that might just even the score," Kanan announced gesturing to Hera. "If Trayvis can do it, we can do it too."

"What, we're going to send out some kind of inspirational type messages?" Zeb suggested jokingly. He should have known that was the plan, though.

Kanan nodded eagerly. "Exactly."

Zeb looked to Hera, not quite believing it, but she was on the same page. "Exactly," she agreed, smiling wide.

No one else seemed to be on board, though. "Um, I don't get it," Sabine said, looking to Kanan.

"Yeah, Kanan, what are you thinking? We can't just send a signal. The Empire would track it in half a second," Ezra reminded him. Yet another sign of how much he had learned over the past few months.

"Not if the signal comes from one of its own towers," Kanan corrected, smiling. It was the same logic that had been employed by the Republic during the Jedi Purge. They had sent a signal from the temple telling all Jedi to come back to Coruscant. No one had doubted it, Kanan least of all, because they didn't think to ignore something coming from their own headquarters. He was really excited to finally use that trick for something good.

Sabine snapped. "Ah. Now I get it," she smiled, but Ezra still wasn't convinced.

Staring down both of them, he repeated, "You want to take control of an Imperial communications tower, which is pretty much impossible, and then you want to use it to send a message to the people of Lothal?"

"Not just Lothal. One of those big towers can reach a few systems."

"That's a crazy plan," Ezra noted, and Kanan didn't blame him.

He knew his apprentice, though. "That's why you like it," he guessed, grinning.

Ezra walked a few steps before asking, "And what would we say in this message?"

"Something the Empire never says: the truth," Kanan answered confidently. "We have to let people know what it's really like out here. Now, are you in?"