: 01 :

==+==+==+==

It was so quiet that you could hear a pin drop.

She turned on her heel, grabbing the girl's arm as she walked out the door.

"Do you need a cab?" Stella asked while lighting up a cigarette. Looking over at the girl, the girl just stood there in silence staring at her with tears rolling down her cheeks.

Raising an eyebrow, Stella offered the girl a cigarette, but she didn't take that either.

"Look, I have places I have to be."

Stella took a stack of bills out of her purse and started counting.

Holding out her hand, "One thousand dollars, take it. It should be enough for your taxi ride and a hotel room if you need one. Also, keep pepper spray or something on you next time. We live in a world where men treat women like objects."

Slapping the stack of bills onto the girl's hand, Stella turned around and started walking towards her motorcycle.

As she drove on the streets, the wind went against her face, pushing her hair back, giving her a refreshing feeling. 

By the time she arrived home, it was already three in the morning and she had class in five hours. She didn't plan to stay out that late, but time just flew by and before she knew it, it was already two. Then, she wanted a ride around the city so that was another hour.

Entering the house, she was greeted by Tyler and Marcus sitting on the couch in the living room.

Tyler gave her a stern look.

"Uncle Tyler, Uncle Marcus! Besties! Did I tell you guys that you are my favourite uncles?" Sending them one of her brightest smiles.

To be fair, they weren't her uncles, she just called them that because it made sense. She couldn't find herself to refer to them as her brothers, not anymore. 

"Do you know what time it is?" Marcus asked with his arms crossed.

"Three...A.M."

Walking up to her, "You smell like alcohol and smoke."

"No...Uncle Marcus, you're just smelling things," patting his back, "Well, I have class tomorrow! See you guys in the morning! Bye! Love you!"

As Stella ran up the stairs, Tyler yelled at her, "You're nineteen, not twenty-one!"

"I know!" She yelled back and then a string of laughter left her mouth.

Both of them shook their head with a small smile.

Stella was an exact replica of Stefano. Both of them started going out at night and would come home later than their guardians would like them to. They knew she could take care of herself, but they couldn't help but worry. It was just a natural instinct they acquired throughout the years.

"What are we going to do with her?"

"I don't know Marcus, but I think they would be happy about the person she became."

Marcus gave a slight chuckled, "We did a good job."

It's been twelve years, but the incident felt like yesterday. That day was tattooed on all of their minds. That day was unforgettable and the cuts it gave would never heal. Ever since that day, a piece of themselves has been ripped away. A big hole was created, a hole that's been waiting to be filled.

Crawling into bed, Stella checked her phone and just stared at her lock screen which was a picture of her, Calla, and Stefano. She did this every night because she found a bit of comfort seeing their faces again.