: 06 :

==+==+==+==

A couple of days have passed and Stella was discussing with Mrs. Madden about what dress she should wear. Originally, Stella didn't want to do anything about the wedding, but one thing was for sure, she wasn't going to let a random stranger pick her dress. 

Standing in front of the mirror,  Lilac and Mrs. Madden watched her in awe. The off-the-shoulder dress hugged her body in all the right places as it flowed out at the bottom, with a deep v-neckline. Stella felt beautiful in it, but as she stood there, it didn't feel right.

"Oh my, my future daughter-in-law looks fabulous. I think this is the dress, don't you agree, Lilac?"

"My best friend looks hot as fuck! Excuse my language."

"You never have to worry about swearing in front of me, I lived with men my whole life. Swearing is an everyday vocabulary to me." 

It was nice to see her best friend get along with someone she had to call mother-in-law in the future. 

"It doesn't feel right," Stella spoke.

"Oh honey, why what's up? There are plenty of dresses we can choose from," Mrs. Madden spoke with full sincerity.

"It's white."

Lilac laughed, "Of course it is, it's a wedding dress."

"No, white is pure. White isn't a colour for someone like me."

Both, Mrs. Madden and Lilac, got up from their seats to comfort her. Caressing her shoulder, Lilac said, "Remember what you said, everything is dirty, it just depends on how you treat it. White was never a pure colour until it was treated that way."

"Okay, let's do this dress."

Mrs. Madden clapped her hands with the biggest smile on her face, "Let's go get our nails done!"

They all left with seven guards following along behind them.

Mrs. Madden had contacted her husband to let him know that she was going out with Stella to shop for her wedding dress, and when she said that, he assigned her seven guards. Becca Madden was not born into this lifestyle, nor did she try to adapt it. She had enough skills to fend for herself against a guy or two, but anymore more than that, she wouldn't be able to come out alive. 

Stella was different. She learned to fight for herself since she was a child, but she always had guards assigned to her as a precaution. That annoyed her at a young age causing her to sneak out or escape the eyes of her guards. Having the seven guards following behind her made her feel a sense of deja vu, but today, she didn't mind it because Lilac was with them. If anything were to happen, at least Lilac and Mrs. Madden would be fine. 

"What colour do you think you're going to get?" Mrs. Madden asked as she took off her jacket.

"Black."

Black was the simplest colour that went with everything. It was never dull, but never too eye-catching like glitter and sparkles. 

Stella would get her nails done quite frequently because of some of her jobs. 

Along with jobs, she had banquets and parties to attend, and she wasn't going to show up with bare nails. In banquets and parties, everyone tries to look richer than they are because that's how you attract people's attention. For the ladies, your whole look is important. You needed the most glamorous sets of nails, with the most expensive dress and handbag, and what you wear on your feet is what makes or breaks your outfit. Men on the other hand needed the best and most expensive tuxedos and their watch on their wrist was used to deceive the other person of how wealthy they were.