: 10 :

==+==+==+==

Luca's eyes widened as he wished he could've turned back time. Hearing that come out of her mouth wasn't pleasant to his ears. He stared at her, looking at every detail in her face, wondering what exactly did she go through to become the way she is. 

As he caressed her hair, he noticed the smallest freckles that couldn't have been seen far away. The only way you could ever notice was if you devote your full attention to it. Along with the freckles, she had small cuts but they weren't deep enough to leave a scar. 

They sat for hours until he could feel his butt become numb because he didn't want to cause any chances of her waking up. She looked so sleep-deprived, and even though she was sleeping, her face never looked at peace. There was something always bothering her whether she was conscious or not. 

He took out his phone and checked the time before he messaged Tyler to let him know that she was fine. 

"Okay, time to get you home," he whispered as he carried her in his arms, and before leaving, he did something he thought was right. "Nice to meet you, Stefano and Calla."

When they walked to his car, he was shocked when she wrapped her arms around his neck, and he was even more surprised when he found himself pulling her closer. 

As they drove home, he took glances at her from time to time. She looked like a drug addict. She had some leftover residue of cocaine on her nose that could've been passed as dust, and there were little specks of weed on her clothing. Not to mention the wine stain she had on her shirt.

He was originally going to drive them back to her house, but the state her house was in was no place for someone to live in. He redirected the route to his house he bought two months ago. 

Arriving at his home, he carried and placed her into a spare bedroom before walking to the bathroom to gather some items. He grabbed a small tub filled with water, a couple of towels, and a first aid kit. Going back to the room, he wet the towel and started to wipe the dirt off her face and arms. Once everything was clean, he started disinfecting her injuries and wrapping them up. 

Her clothes were extremely dirty, and so, he just had to hope she wouldn't be mad at him for this. He took off her shirt and replaced it with a t-shirt of his, before taking off her joggers and putting his shorts on her. All of this was done with his eyes closed. 

If he was being completely honest, he had never done this before. Not once in his life did he need to care for someone else to this extent. He's applied ointment, given medicine, given stitches, taken bullets out, but not this. 

After cleaning everything up, he turned off the light and closed the door.

Ruffling his hair, he picked up his phone to call Tyler.

"You better have a good reason to why you're calling me at this time," Tyler said in a groggy voice.

"She's okay if you didn't see my message. I was going to send some of my men to her house for clean up, but I'm not sure if she'd like that. Can you send some of your maids over or something?"

"Don't send anyone. Just leave it alone, she doesn't like people touching things in her house," He sighed. "What the state of her house?"

"It's a mess, Tyler. She has alcohol bottles, broken plates, glass shards, loose specks of dust of cocaine and weed...I mean at this point, I'm not even sure, she could've done heroin for all I know," he rubbed his temples before continuing, "It looks like an addict was living there for years, but it was a result of three days."

Tyler's heart shattered. He never imagined it to be this bad. It was even worse because he could imagine exactly what state she was in. He knew because he was in that state before. He was an alcoholic, a person that got drunk every day, and sometimes, he got high to the point of forgetting his name.