: 17 :

==+==+==+==

"Luca, what the fuck were you thinking?!" Tyler yelled as he opened the car door while others put his luggage in the car.

Tyler and Jax dropped everything and flew to Toronto the moment Luca called him to confess what had been going on. Marcus stayed back to handle things in New York and Alonso had flown back to Hawaii. As much as Marcus and Alonso didn't want to, there were families they had to feed.

Luca spilled about Stella doing things on her own accord, Lilac dying, he told Tyler everything.

Everyone had been so busy that Tyler and all of the others back in New York were kept in the dark.

At first glance, Luca looked like shit. Tyler knew that he hadn't been sleeping or eating. He remembered when he looked exactly like Luca, and it was fucking hell.

"I tried so damn hard to find her. I had my best men search for her, and we ended up with nothing."

"Why didn't you contact me sooner for fuck sake?"

"I thought I could do it. Stella's my wife, you practically gave her to me so I could protect her-"

Oh, how wrong was he.

Tyler sighed, "We became family the moment the priest announced you both husband and wife. You should've come to us way fucking sooner."

Jax and the others followed a couple of cars behind theirs to Luca's estate in silence.

"You said you couldn't find anything?" Tyler asked.

"Yeah," Luca admitted. "The only thing we have is a photo Carlo sent us earlier."

Luca pulled out his phone with the picture of Stella lying on the concrete floor, pale and hurt. Her lips turned blue and blood coated her hands.

She looked fragile.

Tyler looked at the photo, and when he saw it, the pain was like his heart was ripped out. Passing the phone back to Luca, "We'll continue searching, I don't care how many people it takes. We have to find her. This is not the game where time is on our side. There's a reason as to why he took Stella, so you better start thinking so we could have some kind of leverage."

"Carlo and Stella had something. I want to know what that is," He asked.

"She didn't tell you?"

"Never got the chance to ask."

"Carlo was what Stella called her 'fling.' They had sex and that was it. I wasn't proud of it, but they were teenagers, and having sex was what they did. To shorten this, Stella got pregnant and she lost it, both because of Carlo. He pushed her when he was drunk. Hell, I should've known that boy was an alcoholic the first time I met him."

Tyler sighed, "It was one of the scariest moments of my life when I received that phone call from her, but she was fifteen, so she told me not to kill him."

Shaking his head, "It was fucking pathetic. I made sure they cut contact and I even put Carlo into a rehab center, but that son of a bitch... I should've killed him. And Luca, while I'm telling you this. Don't ask her for kids."

"What if Carlo forces Stella to marry him?" Luca asked, afraid to hear the answer.

"We would be the ones preparing a funeral."

++++++++++

Scarlett grunted and shifted around before attempting to open her eyes.

"God, how long have I been out for?" She whispered to herself.

"5 hours, 20 minutes, and 23 seconds. 27 seconds now."