: 20 :

==+==+==+==

Luca had expected himself to see red, to be blinded by rage, but instead, he just stood there.

He was so shocked, he didn't know what to do with himself. 

His shoulders slumped, and they stayed in the room in silence, until a doctor came bursting in to drag Luca back to his room. 

"You're a patient in my hospital, where I work. I get this is a tough situation, but you can not just tear out your IV. We have a duty, and please do not make this any harder."

They were right, but he was Luca Madden, the leader of the Canadian Mafia, the husband to the Italian princess, and there was no way he was going to be the one to receive orders. 

He's the one who gives orders.

"Get your hands off me," he glared. "This is a warning, I don't care who you are. However, I know this isn't your hospital. You work here, that's it. Don't all high and mighty."

The doctor scoffs, "Allow us to examine you, and then, you can come back here."

"No. I'm not leaving, and If I was in actual danger, I wouldn't be standing right now. And if you desperately need to examine me, we can do it here."

There was no way he was going to take his eyes off her, not a chance. 

Luca had to make sure she was safe, that she was finally going to be cared for. 

He was also scared that if he would look away for a moment that she would just disappear.

+++++++++++

Stella wasn't exactly sure what time it was. All she really knew was that her body ached and her face was in pain. 

Opening her eyes, she didn't recognize the room she was in. However, she did know it was a private room. All private rooms had a similar look and vibe to them. 

She pushed herself until she could sit upright, and it took longer than she thought she would. Whatever that had happened to her, definitely fucked some things up.

It was dark outside from what she could see, and Tyler was in a fetal position, sleeping on the couch. 

Stella slightly smiled at the thought that Tyler stayed. It was obvious he would stay, but every time, she always felt warm in her heart. She wasn't really sure why though, but she supposes it's the thought of someone caring enough to stay for her. 

She knew that everyone close to her wouldn't have slept much knowing the condition she was in, so she decided it was best to not wake up anyone. She did her best, trying to pour herself a glass of water, but her arm was so weak, the pitcher ended up slipping out of her hands. 

"Shit..."

And the water had splashed all over a guy's head. She couldn't tell, the window didn't do much for where she was sitting.

"Oh my god," Luca groaned, feeling the cold water drench his head, and his clothes becoming soaked. 

This had woken up Tyler for sure.

"Thank fuck," Tyler said out loud while rushing towards Stella, after turning on the lights.

Tyler had engulfed Stella in a hug, making sure not to squeeze too tight in the areas she was injured. While she kept her eyes closed, trying to adjust to the brightness. 

She rubbed her eyes a bit more after Tyler had let go of her and when she did, Luca stared at her, with tears in his eyes. 

Happy, but also sad tears.