16. Assumptions

Isabella's POV

Shock feels electrifying.

Electrifying like him, it's odd because I never felt a shock like this. Almost as if the real electricity generating in the huge power plants was coursing through me.

Maybe my body is also aware of the fact that the root cause of my shock is him.

"W-What Ally you don't know anything?"

Continuing the parade of the puzzled looks on her face, she shrugs "Yes! I don't know what your sorry about and yes, I don't know anything."

She is kidding right?

"You don't know that I left early from the party without informing you?"

"No, you left with him right? Did you know not go with him? Cuz that's strange, when Chris called him he said that you were safe with him."

Now my head was officially spinning circles, my brain fully charged with energy as though the spinning was helpful. Whereas it is supposed to be the complete opposite of it.

"He said I-I was safe with him?"

"Yes, actually I wanted meet you but he said you headed towards the parking lot already, can't wait to spend time with him alone huh?"

Yeah, bullshit.

Not in the slightest mood for her prolonged teasing session, I offer her a sarcastic smile before turning my heels back to my room.

Subsequently Ally's rumbling laughter echoes in the hallway, but that's the least thing I care about at the moment, as the flashes of last night paralyze each and every sense organ in my body.

I don't understand why did he lie to me?

Just awhile ago my brain was energised, ready to draw irrational conclusions about last night, which would involve something pointless like, he might actually care about me.

But before I could encourage that thought in my head atleast, the sane part of my brain chimes in, making me understand that last night he lied about everything vfor his cousin. He lied because he didn't want to ruin Christopher and Ally's lovey-dovey night by my amateur/foolish act.

That's so sweet of him to think about them and cover up for me.

Even though I tried beyond my conclusive capacity to make sense of the smallest details of last night, one thing failed to enter my system. I mean I clearly saw the concern on his face. I can't be be imaging that.

Well, thats not entirely true tho. But he looked truly shaken by my disappearance. Or rather if you want me to go by his words, Ally was shaken by my disappearance.

Nonetheless that is false right? Ally doesn't even know about my little escape plan. And that should set him free from being forced to give me a ride, shouldn't it?

Did he really search for me?

No, why would he?

But he did reach me out in the midst of my way, and I know that he lives in the other side of the city. So it not like coincidentally saw me and decided to give me a ride.

No matter how many scenarios I picture in my head, it all came down to a single hypothesis.

He kept searching for me until, he found me.

That particular realisation also electrified me, only this time a particular organ trapped in my ribcage, is the one to be effected the most.

He searched for me.