17. A Table For Two?

Isabella's POV

"Izzy why is this so fun?" Liam giggles as he beats the shit out of the cookies batter.

"I know right." I say in a sing song tone.

"But I don't understand, Rosie does the same thing with a machine."

I suppose he's referring to the blending machine.

"But then it is not as fun as doing it with a whisk is it?" I raise my brows, questioning him.

"It is" He frantically nods his head to a point where I'm afraid that it might fall off.

I love kids.

"Also there is a secret behind this." I whisper, purposefully lowering my voice as though I was telling him a secret which he alone deserves to know in this entire world.

Lowering his voice too, he enquires "What is it?"

"This way the chocolate chip cookies will even more tasty."

"YAY! Now I'm going to have tasty cookies...but Nona won't be able to have them." His brightly smiling face falls into what it looked like hurt.

My poor baby.

Squeezing his cheek with my glove free hand, I state the fact for the millionth time."My little choco chip she just went out for awhile, she'll be back soon."

Exactly like him. Wait a correction! More than him Demet was worried before leaving. Again a correction! I forcefully insisted her to go for her weekly doctor's appointment.

She said she never left Liam alone until Mrs. Hunter or his elder brother were around. And today sadly both of them didn't show up on time but luckily I was there, so I insisted her to have a safe checkup and assured her that I would take care of Liam.

"So are we gonna save some cookies for her?!" He asks, his eyes filled with excitement.

"Yes offcourse, we'll save a box of them for her."

A goofy smile cemented on his cute face, he out of the blue starts looking at the half finished flour packet cornered on the kitchen counter.

At that, a frown takes place in my features and before I could even grasp what's happening in my surroundings, Liam jumps and easily gets his tiny hands on to the packet and begins the uncalled flour fight in the not less than a five star kitchen.

"Liam stop!"

He doesn't instead he throws a fistful of the white flour on my black shirt, which leaves a stain on my it and slides down onto the white marble floor.

There are few times in life where you are supposed to act like a responsible adult and this was definitely one of those, but I don't act like one, not only that I rather chose to do something entirely opposite. I chose to take the unopened packet of flour, rip it open with my bare mouth and start throwing fistful of flour balls on the little guy, causing him to giggle as dodges all of them as though he has done this a gazillion times before.

"I don't think you'll he able to dodge this one" I warn while launching my flour ball in the most accurate position.

As I said, he doesn't. The soft flour ball lands right on his small face and I get scared for a second. Worried, if it'll ended going into his nose or in the worst cases in his eyes, nonetheless relief washes over me as I watch him brush off the flour of his face, laughing whole-heartedly.

"You are so gone Izzy!"

Oh shit.

Out of breath, energy and mainly the flour in our respective packets, laughing and looking like a white painted mess, we both collapse in the little space in which we created the mess. Thankfully a part acted like an adult and made sure that the mess didn't ruin the entire kitchen. Only a little portion of the counter and floor were painted white, although it's hard to point out the floor because it's already white.