29. Midnight Rain

Isabella's POV

I should've closed my room's door.

Yes I should've. Meaning, I didn't.

If I did then I wouldn't get caught admiring the hickey on my collar bone. The mark he left on me. The evidence that tonight indeed just happened.

So the thing is I wasn't just caught admiring the thing, I was also smiling like a fool in the middle of the night.

To be fair you wouldn't expect your best friend to barge in, in the middle of the night. But she did. After all not everyone has a bestie like her, so that's that.

Then what? I had to tell her everything.

Everything about our deal. Nothing about the circumstances in which I had to agree. Or deep intimate details.

I just told her about the fake dating part and made her believe that I got hickey in the process.

Yes that's what we're working with.

Ally grabs one of the numerous lilac pillows scattered on my bed and throws it at me. "So Isabella now, you are Mr. Hunter's girlfriend." She smirks.

"Fake girlfriend." I corrected her firmly.

"That's bullshit haven't you seen those romcoms? These kinds of deals never work, they always end up falling in love with each other."

For some bizzare reason my stomach flutters at those words. At some useless hope that she's giving. But hope is bad. I can't afford hope when it comes to him.

"Ally this is real life." I attempt to hiss but it only manages to sound pathetic and breathy.

Maybe that's why she doesn't take my warning seriously, she laughs it off as though I said something comedic and settles on the bed next to me.

''As you are his girlfr... sorry fake girlfriend aren't you allowed to call him by his first name?'' she asks curiously, bumping her shoulder to mine.

"Nope we actually didn't have a chat about this matter." I reply, praying that would her first and last question.

Only it wasn't, I spent the next hour answering her stupid questions.

But then it happens, the inevitable question slips out of her mouth.

"You never mentioned about how exactly you got the hickey."

Although I think I know handle this. I'll handle like her. Remotely like her.

Channeling my inner Ally I turn to her, laughing. Fake-laughing.

"Okay, okay, this is where we draw a line."

"No we don't." She scoffs.

"Yes, we do. I mean will you tell me about your sexual life with Christopher?" I ask, feeling proud of myself to pull that card out of nowhere.

"Yeah, but you never asked me."

"I didn't because it's gross." I throw my hands in the air, exasperated.

She stays silent for a while, making me think that she gave up. Although who are we kidding? It's Ally. She never gives up.

"So you agree that what happened between you and Gabriel is gross." She says quietly.

"No!"

A shot of redness seeps through my cheeks. Blushing. I'm blushing like a teenager.

Horny teenager.