21. Six Hours

Isabella's POV

I don't know why I am huddled in the tiny bus shelter. It was crystal clear that no bus was coming for my rescue. Just like him. I might be even dumb enough to wait a little closer to place where we shopped for Liam. Because a stupid part of thought that he'd come back to take me with him.

How can he leave me like this?!

It was getting dark. Grays combined with the scary blues of twilight, and the encounter with the drunkards still being fresh embedded in my brain. I all of a sudden felt panic, anger, frustration coursing through me.

Panic that something remotely like yesterday might happen. Anger at him for leaving me. Frustrated at myself because I still believed that he'd come to pick me up.

But now it's too late for that isn't it? If he really wanted to pick me he could've done it six hours ago when he left me without information.

Yes six hours!

Yes three hundred and sixty minutes of standing alone in one place.

And yes I could've done so many things in that span of time rather than standing alone like I am right now. I could've taken a taxi. Or hell! I could just walk to the mansion it would only take an hour or two.

But I couldn't. Everytime I worked up the nerve to leave the bus shelter something told that he'd come searching for me and I didn't want disappoint him.

Funny thing, he disappointed me now.

Defeated. I started walking slowly. Ever so slowly. My mind inundated with ironical thoughts. Thoughts like, how could you be such an idiot? How could you ever think that he's your protector or knight in the shining armour? How can you be so brainless?.....

Maybe it's my ugly fate. Maybe it's karma for being a bitch to the sales girl six hours ago. Maybe it's him.

Becuz it started raining and the bright beam of headlights slashed through the rain, making me squint, my heart tripping in both anticipation and shock as I couldn't believe my own eyes.

Again maybe it's just my stupid brainless brain playing tricks on me.

Isabella not all black teslas have billionaires seated in them.

When my eyes get adjusted to the light coming off the headlights, my shoulders slump with relief, only to stiffen again seconds later.

Relief that it wasn't someone filthy rich drunken guy.

Non-relief because it was actually him.

The shock was so evident that I didn't even realise that the slight drizzling rain turned into pouring strom, until the rain drops were continuously falling down my eyelashes, interrupting my sight of him.

The car stopped in front of me and the passenger window rolled down.

"Get in."

He didn't raise his voice and yet it was audible to my ears in the loud down pour.

That was it. That was the last thread of my patience and it frayed. So I turn away from him, walking straight. Not giving a tinest damn about my drenched clothes and apparently the sound of car door opening and slamming shut simultaneously.

Almost like he stepped out the car for me. Like he could bother enough to walk in the rain to follow me, when he could easily do the same thing by following me with his car. That is if he really wants to.

But then, I also hear the loud footsteps of someone approaching closely behind me.

Before I am positive about anything, he gets a hold of wrist in the midst of its rapid oscillation, thuging me backwards.