23. Hypnotised

Isabella's POV

Who could be desperate enough to push their boss's buttons just to get under his skin and get a similar reaction to the rainy night?

Me that's who.

Yeah unknowingly I did those dangerous stunts in front of him to get a similar reaction as the other day. That somehow my hand would magically end up on his glorious neck, checking his pulse rate. That's all it was, wasn't it? I mean why would I dare to say the things I said to him earlier if I was in my right senses.

But the thing is my brain really lacks brain cells and my thinking abilities really do give up on me when I'm around him. It's like I don't even acknowledge their presence, I just go with my quick reflexes and my heaving chest that beats uncontrollably.

On second thoughts tho, I did get a reaction similar to the other day.

Jesus Christ that grip on my waist...until then I didn't know that that was my spot. My sensitive euphoric spot. Where he'd just touch and my mind would shut down like a useless laptop. Completely under control of a man who wouldn't believe me. Who thinks that I'd lie to him. Who thinks that I'd choke him to death with his own tie.

I don't like that. I don't like the effect he has on me one bit, so much that I'm down to try the same with someone. If being that close to someone else we would also erupt my brainless butterflies? I mean that should be the case right?

He is just another human on this planet of seven billion other humans.

It can't be just him who'd wake these brainless butterflies and reactions out of me. Maybe it's because I haven't been with someone for what it feels like ever. But then I have been with Austin this morning and our departure didn't mean even a quarter of what I'd felt with him back in his room with him crowding over me.

And what was up with the close proximity there? What were those highly distracting dark brown eyes trying to do?
What were his true intentions behind the encounter?

If I look for questions they were millions of them, nevertheless none of them will ever get an answer. He will never answer. And I myself am not quite sure if I'll ever get around to ask him that.

Just how I don't think I'll ever get around to make my way to the party anytime soon.

It's a high profile party and never in my life have I gone to one of these parties. Nobody invited me nor did I have money to go myself. But now I think I could've pulled strings and went to at least one. Because then I wouldn't have a panic attack to just walk around the hall where the party is being held. And by the sounds of it, it might as well be the most happening party ever.

Wait I went to a fancy party before. Christopher's birthday party.

On my God!

One would think that that would calm me. Get me enough courage to walk up into the battlefield. But in reality it'd only managed to make me more anxious than I already am. As that party's images started playing on my head. His images. The dance we did. The ride back he gave me. Me being jealous. The blond girl. Everything.

And immediately I wanted to throw up because my last two thoughts weren't thrilling. Like at all. They terrified me into thinking if I'll have to experience anything similar to that again tonight. That she'd show up.

And just like that my actual reason was obvious to my own eyes. I am not able to walk across the room because of him. Because I know he most definitely will be there. Because of all the outcomes related to him.