18. Rebellious

Isabella's POV

I told them about him.

I not only told about him to my mom when I paid her a visit this morning, but I also talked about him with Aunt jane last night.

Apparently I shouldn't have, because then I wouldn't have to deal with her 'oh-my-Isabella-has-a-crush' phase at the age of twenty three. But I did tell her about him while not bothering to turn off my admiration switch. Didn't I?

Actually Aunt Jane is being super generous by labelling it as a crush. Cuz the way I went on and on talking about him, listing his morals, his talents, his achievements for hours without even realising it until she points it out, would normally give off another impression.

I still don't understand how is it possible to talk about one person for three hours straight, yet I did that. So it is possible. I still remember I talked about him like it was completely normal, a natural process. Like everybody walks around, talking about their bosses everyday for hours.

No they don't. Thinking and talking about your boss all the time is undoubtedly not normal. And trust me I'm trying so hard not to, today I went to office a few hours ahead and did all my assigned work quickly and emailed him, just so that he wouldn't call me, I also placed his black coffee before he arrived inorder to avoid minimal of the minimal contact with him. And then he casually walked into the room, wearing a white suit and just like my motive was thrown out of the window.

I blame everything on Demet.

Now that I think about it, it was pretty nice back when I thought him just as my egoistic-rage-filled-assistant-hating-boss.

Unfortunately that's not what I think about him anymore, I didn't realise it straightaway but after few hours of her revelation of his caring side, I unknowingly started forming a new opinion on him. In which all the times when he was cruel to me, evaporated into thin air and the adorable images of him with Liam and Demet were only left with me.

Ethically I should be complaining for the loss, but I don't. Not only that, I even have an audacity to start a cyclic process. A cyclic process where I'd find myself smiling brightly at my white ceiling in the middle of the night, remembering the incidents from my first day at the mansion. FYI I try think about it alot, remembering I mean.

Say, if we sit down and draw a pie chart. A good eighty eight percent would be occupied with the recollection and other twelve percent would be filled with me laughing at the absurdity of the situation.

Well maybe laughing would be an understatement at this point. Because let's be honest, what am I doing?

Am I really thinking about him, particularly about that incident where I'd thought that he was attracted to me.

Yes! After the whole episode of that went through my special microscopic line of vision, I bizarrely concluded that he might be slightly attracted to me. But that's stupid. Senseless. Meaningless even.

There's no chance in the hell that he would be attracted to me.

Let's not forget how he straight away strode out of kitchen like nothing ever happened between us, which means he doesn't even remember the kitchen encounter and here I am, losing my sleep over it.

Could this situation get any worse than already it is?

"Isabella!" Aunt Jane's voice travels through my phone into my ears, snapping me back to the moment.