it all started with a fucking flower

It was a getting-to-know session for one of my after-school curricular activities. I was in the drama club, the cheerleading squad, and student council. Today, however, I was at drama club, sitting in with a bunch of other strangers and trying to get to know each other.

I'm usually very awkward with these kinds of exchanges, not very good with talking about myself in big groups (ironic considering that I'm in so many of these after-school activities), so imagine my relief when one of the club leaders talked about having a "buddy system", where we get paired up with one person from the club who would show us around, help us get settled in, and in a way, I guess be a friend.

"Roseanne Park with Jisoo Kim please", one of the club leaders said as she pointed at me.

I looked around to find who this "Jisoo Kim" was, eventually realizing that one person from the other side of the room stood up from her seat to walk over to my side. Suddenly, you could hear people whispering among themselves, with me hearing one of the girls say something about this  being "unfair" as she moved her line of vision between me and the girl who was now walking in my direction.

What exactly is unfair?

Before I could dive deeper into the thought, a girl with long black hair, dark brown eyes, and heart-shaped lips stood in front of me. She had long fingers, porcelain skin, and a swan neck that was emphasized by the simple necklace she had on.

What the hell is she so pretty for?

Before I could even open my mouth to speak, the person standing in front of me let out a chuckle that sounded so angelic, making me whip my head up to meet her eye, as if to make sure that this was the same person. My mind had a difficult time trying to comprehend how it was possible that the person standing before me was already so beautiful, and now she has the voice of an angel too.

And, oh right, she's standing right in front of me.

How the hell did that happen?

"Do you usually openly gawk at people like this?", she said, immediately breaking me away from my thoughts.

My mouth went open, before it went close again. Seeing my reaction and how I was basically stammering for words, 'Jisoo Kim' let out another fit of giggles before she put her hand out.

"Jisoo Kim. People usually call me Jisoo, or Chu, but you can call me yours", before sending a flirtatious wink my way.

I looked at her waiting hand, and then back up at her face, suddenly forgetting how human interactions work. A pretty girl is talking to me and flirting with me, and I probably look like a dumb ass just looking at her. What the hell is wrong with me?

"Ah, you're the shy type", Jisoo said as she withdrew her hand, already making me regret it because now I'm going to be left wondering how her hand feels. Her hands must be soft.

Wait. What?

I shook my head before I raised it back again to meet Jisoo's curious gaze, smiling at her as I thankfully gained some of my confidence back.

"Roseanne Park, but you can call me Rosie. And no, you can't call me yours."

Jisoo snickered before grinning at me, letting out a small laugh before she said "Sucks. I hope to change that."

And I only remember feeling my cheeks heat up as I felt my heart drum against my chest.

Something is wrong with me indeed.

-