a/n

Wow, I've never done one of these before but I felt now's a good time as any, huh?

People constantly ask me about what my 'inspiration' for this story was or what my idea for this story was.

Was it always meant to be this angsty? Was it always meant to be this sad? Was it always meant to be this heart breaking?

And the answer to that is: no, it wasn't.

In fact, Lover wasn't supposed to be angsty or sad or heart breaking at all. And even if it became a lot of things it wasn't supposed to be, I stand by it completely.

I wrote Lover with only one thing in mind, and it is that I wanted it to be an outlet for me to write letters to my own "J". 

And maybe that is the reason this story in particular has always felt extremely personal to me: because at a certain point, it stopped becoming a story, but more of a very raw and very honest reflection of myself. In a lot of ways, it was extremely exaggerated. In a lot of other ways, it was very cliché. But believe me when I say that every letter written in this story was my entire heart out on the line, an act I usually find very difficult to do.

I know that there will be a lot of people I disappointed with the way I chose to end this, a lot of people that would come to me and tell me that Rosie and Jisoo both don't deserve each other because they were both afraid and that they've wasted so much time. And maybe you're right.

But I think that more than that, more than simply being right, or more than me simply agreeing to someone else's point of view, at the end of the day, I am a firm believer that whatever is meant for you in this world will always be yours. No amount of fear, of cowardice, and of time wasted will ever change that.

And maybe someone will come around to tell me that I'm full of shit, but I guess to me, when you find someone you truly love with your entire heart and soul, when you find what is truly meant for you in this world, when you find your own "J" (or your own "R", who knows?), you will find that love easily transcends through time and space and even circumstance to make it happen.

And by then, you'd find that maybe J and R really did deserve each other, after all.

They were just a little slow.

-

Thank you for loving and supporting Lover. 

Until the next one. :)