all of the stars, you make them shine like they were ours

Jisoo and I haven't spoken after she rudely interrupted my time with Marcus, with him dropping us back off at my place at the end of the day.

Once we walked into the house, Jisoo and I got into a screaming match. I was angry at her for being so rude, and she was angry at me for choosing to be with someone, in her words, "is way out of my league".

I can still hear it in my head, her loud voice.

"I can't believe you're with him. Are you fucking kidding me?"

I asked her to leave me alone after that.

She did, grabbing her luggage and stomping out the door.

Truth be told, I felt no remorse for Jisoo after watching her walk out the door. Not even an ounce of guilt, not even a single fibre of my entire being itching to run after her. And I thought, wow, this must be me finally moving on.

-

I was at the small little cafe downtown, taking a break in the middle of the day on a Thursday, all because work was stressing me out and I needed a breather. I sat next to a window, staring outside as the cars drove past and people walked by. I was happy to be on my own, it was rare to have alone time nowadays given the fact that I spend any free time I have left with Marcus, so this was a treat.

"Rosie?" a voice suddenly called out for me.

I looked up to find Irene and Jisoo's Mom.

"Oh, it is you!" Jisoo's Mom said as she walked towards me. "I haven't seen you in ages, how have you been?" she asked as she gave me a hug which I quickly returned.

"I've been alright, how have you been?" returning the question back to her before inviting them to sit with me at my table.

The three of us were talking amongst ourselves, engaging in casual conversation about how work has been, how my family has been, and then Mrs Kim making a comment about how she hasn't seen me around much lately.

"How have you and Jisoo been?" Irene inquired, taking a sip from her cup after.

"Jisoo and I?" I asked dumbly. I decided to take a sip from my own cup as well.

"Yeah, when are you guys getting married?"

The question did the double purpose of making me widen my eyes and making me want to spit out the liquid that was still in my mouth. What?

Thankfully, Mrs Kim decided to answer for me.

"Oh, my Jisoo has a girlfriend in New York," she sighed. "A very pretty girl, I might add."

Lisa. I haven't thought of her in a while, but just the sound of her name was able to elicit a dull ache in my chest.

"Oh," Irene said. "I'm sorry."

I smiled at her. "It's alright," I said. "But if you must know, I'm actually seeing someone as well."

This seems to have piqued Mrs Kim's interest, leaning towards the table. "And who might that be?"

"His name is Marcus," I began. "We work at the same company."

"Oh," they both said in unison.

There was now an awkward silence that engulfed us, which is strange because I've never actually had to sit through awkward silences with these two people before. Being friends with Jisoo for as long as I have, I've grown close to her family members as well, with Mrs Kim sending me a bouquet of flowers every single birthday, and a Christmas card for my family during the holidays.