can you be my lover up until the very end?

"Rosie, pleaseeeeeee"

"No"

"Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee"

"No"

"Rosie, come on, I said please!"

"And Jisoo, I said no. For the 25th time. No."

Jisoo huffed as she walked over to the empty seat at the far end of my bedroom, plopped her butt down on it and glared at me from across the room. I only rolled my eyes at her before turning my attention back to the report I was writing on my laptop, pieces of paper littered everywhere on my bed and on the floor.

Every now and then, I'd look up from my laptop to look at Jisoo, who was still sitting down on the chair on the other side of my room. 

The first time I looked up to meet her gaze, she had her arms crossed over her chest like a child throwing a tantrum after not getting what they wanted.

The second time I looked up from my screen, she was reaching for something on my study table. I cleared my throat just as she was about to grab a photo I had of the both of us, taken during that one time she managed to drag me to an arcade after school.

"You really love touching my stuff, don't you?"

She just shrugged at me in return before going back to sitting still, her arms crossed over her chest once more.

The third time, however, I was surprised to already find Jisoo looking at me. There was a certain softness in her features: gentle eyes, calm demeanour, and a small smile on her lips as she continued to look at me from across the room. I remember suddenly feeling self-conscious because it was as if she was trying to study me under her steady gaze. The longer she looked at me, the more uncomfortable I felt.

Was there something on my face?

Is she trying to count how many eyelashes I have?

Is she trying to find something about me that she would use to tease me endlessly about?

Just then, a soft chuckle escaped her, completely breaking me away from any thoughts about my spiralling self-esteem. Finding my voice, I just asked her, "What?"

"Nothing," she said, smiling to herself. "You just look like everything I've ever wanted."

I had to scoff. Jisoo was such a natural flirt.

"Jisoo Kim, you do know that your cute little lines aren't going to work on me, right?"

"Ahh, so you do think my lines are cute... I wonder if you find them just as cute as me?"

"No"

"Wow. You're really hurting my feelings here, Miss Park."

"Can you go find someone more interesting to disturb?"

"And why would I do that when you're the most interesting person I know?"

I decided that I've had enough, grabbing a pillow from my bed and throwing it across the room. It hit Jisoo square in the face, suddenly making me roar in laughter as she held her face. Just when I thought my laughter was about to finally die down, I looked at Jisoo, who suddenly pouted at me, making me burst out into hysterics once more.

"I am going to get you for that!", Jisoo said teasingly, getting up from her seat to tackle me on my bed. We were playfully wrestling each other, completely disregarding all the pieces of paper I have lying around my bed. I usually don't like it when my notes get all crumpled up, but at the moment, I just couldn't care.