if i had my way, you'd fill these empty beds

hey.

-

"Remember Irene and Seulgi?"

I brought my head up from my laptop screen to find Jisoo looking at me, her cheek resting on her knuckles.

"Of course I do," I chuckled as I reached out for my glass of orange juice, Jisoo pushing it a little bit towards me at the same time. The action made our fingers brush against each other, immediately igniting a certain fire in my heart that I never managed to put out all these years.

"Thank you," I mumbled out, trying my best to ignore the way my heart was hammering against my chest. Jisoo only gave me a small nod in return.

"Anyway, why'd you ask?"

"Oh, right," Jisoo chuckled. "They're celebrating their anniversary soon and they want to make a really big deal out of it. Well, Seulgi does, anyway."

"Okay... do you need ideas for an anniversary gift to them or something?" I asked, taking a sip from my cup after.

"That," she said in agreement. "But also, they invited us to the party. Irene adores you, she said I have to bring you or else she's barring my entry."

I watched as Jisoo huffed and rolled her eyes the moment she let go of her last statement, immediately making me laugh.

"Seriously though," she said. "Irene loves you. She specifically told me to bring you."

I tried to feign looking deep in thought, tilting my head to the side and tapping my fingers against my chin. "Hmmm..."

"Oh, come on, Rosie," she interrupted. "Do you really need me to whip out all the reasons why you should go?"

"Humor me, then," I challenged her. She laughed in response.

"Number one. Food. You love food," she began. "And we both know there's going to be good food there. Remember when we went to their wedding and how you told me you would sell me to the devil for the breadstick they served?" I chuckled, nodding my head to encourage her to go on.

"Number two. You get to dress up. You love that too, don't you?"

"I do," I said pensively. "But... I don't know, Jisoo, I might be too tired and—"

I was immediately cut off when Jisoo took my hand in hers, immediately making me look up to meet her eye, and there she was, large puppy eyes and a pout to match.

My goodness.

"Please Rosie?" she pleaded, puppy eyes intensifying the longer I stared into them.

My best friend sure knows exactly how to get what she wants from me. Not that I was going to refuse her in the first place, anyway.

"I'll give you one more reason," she said. I nodded at her to continue.

"I'll be there with you at the party," she said. "I promise no one is going to take me away from you the entire night."

Jisoo grinned at me, still holding on to my hand. There was something about the way she was looking at me, the way she was smiling at me, and the way she said the words she did that made something in my heart leap. It's crazy how she is able to make me feel all these things and yet, she has no idea at all. Not even when she's sitting across me, holding on tightly to my hand.

"Okay," I answered her softly. "Let Irene know that she doesn't need to take back her invitation to you."

Jisoo nodded, rubbing her thumb against my knuckles. We were in our own bubble, and all I remember thinking in my mind at that moment was how badly I wished this was my everyday.