it would've been fun if you would've been the one

"You know, I forgot to ask you something."

I'm sitting with Jisoo in her childhood bedroom, a bottle of wine between us as we watch another corny romcom on her massive television.

How did I end up here? Well, Jisoo invited me out for lunch today.

Or rather, Jisoo showed up at my office's lobby and asked me out to have lunch with her.

I don't even remember much. All I really remember was walking with a group of my colleagues. They're my usual lunch buddies when Marcus is too busy to take a lunch break. And just as we were walking out of the building, there was a parked car in the driveway with someone leaning against the headlights.

"That's a nice car," one of my friends whistled.

I don't know much about cars. Sure, I can differentiate the different car brands, all thanks to my best friend, but that's it.

When I looked up, I saw that it was a black Bentley.

"Yeah, that is a nice car," I said. I let my eyes wander on the car a little bit, wondering why it looked so familiar, before it stopped at the car plate.

J1S-K1M, it read.

"That's a familiar car plate," I muttered to myself.

It didn't even take a whole second before I realized that Jisoo Kim sometimes drives a black Bentley, and that J1S-K1M stood for Jisoo Kim.

The moment my eyes shot back up, Jisoo was already waving at me from where she was leaning on her car. None of my friends knew I was best friends with the heiress to a chain of shopping malls, making me want to melt down on the sidewalk in embarrassment because I just knew that I would never hear the end of this.

"Is she waving at me?" one of my colleagues asked, almost not quite believing it. We all watched as Jisoo started walking towards us and there was nothing I wanted more than to run.

I had no idea why.

"Hi Rosie," Jisoo greeted once she reached us. From my peripheral view, I can see that my friends were looking at me as if I just grew two heads. "Can I take you out for lunch today?"

And that is how I ended up in Jisoo's bedroom tonight.

After lunch, she decided that I didn't need to go back to work. A part of me protested, but another part of me was ready to make the call that I'm taking the day off when I saw her at my office's lobby, maybe make up some bullshit excuse about how I had an emergency to attend to when the truth is, I just really wanted to spend more time with Jisoo.

But of course, she doesn't need to know that.

"And what is that?" she asked, her focus still on the movie we were watching.

We were sitting next to each other on the floor, all the lights turned off and all the curtains drawn. The only source of light around here came from her massive television, taking up most of the wall just across her king-sized bed.

I don't think I'll ever get used to the idea of my best friend being the heiress to a shopping mall empire.

The sound of Jisoo's voice made me whip my head in her direction to look at her. Even with the minimal light, I can still make out of her face. But of course, I never know if it's because I've known her for so long that I can make out her face even with my eyes closed, or if the light was just shining on the best parts of her face, making her look angelic even in the subdued lighting.