Chapter 2

The sunset was soon to begin in the beautiful skies of Teyvat. . .

          "Mother, I'll be heading out of the kingdom walls for flowers!" Y/N shouted cheerfully as she made her way to the front door with an empty basket. She turned back awaiting a reply from her beloved mother. 

          "Why not buy them from the florist?" her mother asked in a lovely voice. Y/N answered in an anxious tone, "I... need them for alchemy." Her mother sighed, "Very well, dear. Please be careful. Return in 40 minutes. We will be having your father's and your favourite dessert after dinner."

          Before Y/N could speak another word, a loud yet concerned voice came from behind her mother, "You can't be going alone? At least bring-" Y/N cut off her father before he could finish his sentence "Father, you worry too much, it's just a quick trip to 3 destinations. I'm sure I can take care of myself. I'll take my leave now." Y/N finished her sentence quickly and waited for a response to not appear rude, her father nodded and she hurriedly teleported to her first destination.

          The birds chirped and the wind played a wonderful melody. . .

          Y/N had teleported to Sicura, an area in Vento Mountain which isn't too far away from the kingdom. "Which flowers do I need... it's better if I get these from Mondstadt but I'm not allowed to travel there..." Y/N mumbled to herself. She started mumbling the names of the flowers she needed as she followed a path. . .

          After Y/N gathered some flowers, she soon found a flaming flower near a small rock. After carefully applying hydro element to the flaming flower in front of her, she plucked it.

          Shortly after, she suddenly spotted a white fox nearby, "what's a white fox doing here?" As she got closer to the fox, she magically made an apple appear in her hand, the golden magic dust lingered in the air for a moment. She placed her basket of flowers on the ground as stopped a few steps away from the fox. Y/N carefully crouched down slowly as she extended her hand with the apple out to the fox. 

          She asked in a soft voice, "not apples then?" The fox rubbed its face with its paw, shaking its head as if rejecting the apple and sat down. "Sunsettia?" Y/N made the apple disappear and a sunsettia appeared. The fox's ears twitched and it swiftly ran away with the sweet melody of the wind.

          Y/N got up quickly, cautious of her surroundings, "ugh... what is it?..." she thought as she took a few steps behind from where she was standing. Y/N made the sunsettia disappear into thin air. Rustling was heard.

          Y/N looked in the direction of rustling sound to her right. Suddenly a figure jumped out. "Halt!" Y/N shouted as she immediately casted a sword in the palms of her hands, prepared to fight.

          The figure got startled and retreated back to the bush. It stuck its head out slightly. Y/N soon realized it was an orange fox. She fixed her posture and calmed herself down as she made the sword disappear, "My apologies... you must have gotten startled." She sighed in relief and made the sunsettia that had disappeared reappear in her hands. Y/N held it lightly and carefully extended her hand to the curious orange fox. The fox hesitantly approached her and took the sunsettia. It retreated back to the bush immediately.

          Y/N held her left hand towards the basket as it floated steadily to her."I should get going..." Y/N said as she held the handle of the basket. She casted another teleportation spell and hoped she would have enough energy to bring herself back to the kingdom gates later on.

          The sound of the ocean was heard and you could feel the wonderful breeze. The starry sky had not appeared yet...

          A soft glow appeared on the beach, Y/N blocked the strong wind with the palms of her right hand. "It's windy today..." Y/N let her hand drop to her sides. She looked into the skies as she closed her eyes gently and allowed her head to fall back a little. She felt the breeze from the ocean, "Star Ocean is beautiful when it's night time. Sadly I have to leave soon, perhaps I should come here tomorrow night," Y/N said in a whispery voice. 

          Y/N looked at her surroundings," Luna looks the same as always... there's no change to the landscape for the past 10 years."  Y/N headed to a patch of snapdragons that laid along the beach. "These look beautiful," she said in a soft tone as she gently picked the flowers and placed them in her basket.

          After gathering the snapdragons, Y/N decided to cast a portal instead of a teleportation spell. She placed her right hand in front of her and casted the portal. She carefully made sure to conceal the traces of it. "Wouldn't someone be confused to where I've gone?" she thought sarcastically.

          Y/N had returned back to Vento Mountain, she made her way to the edge of a cliff in Poesia. The wind played yet another beautiful melody. It reminded her of a childhood memory.

          "sigh... That stupid stick I would call a sword... even father took another stick and called it a great sword. He would chase me around with the 'great sword' if I refuse to participate in his so-called battle. I'm glad he would let me win... or else I would be doomed..." Y/N looked down and shook her head, "I need to focus on the task at hand..." She turned around and froze when she saw a whopperflower.

          The sound of ice spikes protruding from the ground filled the air. It barely missed Y/N. "ah... you again..." she thought as a smirk played along her lips, "every time I come here, you never go away do you?" she asked as she used magic to make the basket she held float mid-air and casted a sword in her hands. 

          The whopperflower struck again, Y/N swiftly dodged the spikes and charged at the whopperflower. Her sword pierced through it. She pulled her sword back as she took a few steps behind. "One hit kill?" she questioned in her thoughts as she looked at the whopperflower that soon fell to the ground with a thud. 

          Y/N picked up the loot and held her left hand out. She let the handle of the basket of flowers rest in her palm. "I suppose I missed a step when I was concealing the traces of the portal," she said as she made her sword disappear.

          "Yes, you had forgotten to trace the dragon sign." a voice said from the edge of the cliff where she once stood before. Y/N walked away with a thought, "Dragon pattern... the floral or the war pattern?"

          The voice said in a mischievous tone, "I would also like to give a compliment. That one hit kill was impressive." Y/N stopped in her tracks, "I got lucky, I assume it was a weak whopperflower. Now, I would like to continue my journey... alone," Y/N said her last words in a stern voice as she gripped onto the basket handle tightly and continued to walk away. 

          The owner of the voice did not try to trail behind her nor tried to stop her. He said words only he could hear, "As you please," the owner of the voice glided off the cliff.

          Y/N turned around to see the owner of the voice now gone, she sighed in relief as she continued her journey to get the last flower she needed.

          She hurriedly followed a path and soon found a broken cart with precious ores within the bags on the cart. "Just who might these belong too, perhaps the outriders have reported this already? Maybe I should leave-" Thud

          Y/N felt her vision become blurry as her free hand held the back of her head that got hit. She lost her balance and fell to the ground on her side. The basket of flowers dropped to the ground. 

          Before she completely blacked out, she heard a few voices. She couldn't make out who they belonged to or how many people were there. The last words she barely heard... "The job's done" "----said--leave her at mon----"

          We shan't fear darkness but why do we? Darkness is all it is . . .

( I hope you enjoyed this chapter! yes yes, it was a long drag I suppose, sorry. I hope it wasn't too short. Remember to have a great day or night!)