Chapter 17

After Jean had failed to find the princess multiple times, she announced to the Cavalry Captain, Outrider, Librarian and Master Diluc that this search will be dropped. Diluc and Kaeya left without a word.

          Amber was a little concerned for both of them, "Why did they leave so early?" Jean sighed, "Amber, those two used to look after the princes whenever she visited Mondstadt when they were younger and before Master Diluc had left the knights."

          Lisa agreed, "I heard that the princess was very upset when she received news that Master Diluc had left the Knights of Favonius. She didn't want to pry into the reason why either." Amber came to a conclusion, "So that's why the princess hasn't visited Mondstadt for such an extremely long period of time."

            Jean seemed disappointed, "She was supposed to pay us a visit with her brothers-- but then we received the unfortunate news. Our search has gotten us nowhere as well, all I can do now is allow the Knights of Eleftheria to take control of the search in Mondstadt for the next week."

           Lisa tried to lighten the mood, "I've also heard a rumour in Hyacinth that the princess would send letters to Master Diluc and Sir Kaeya. No one knows the contents of the letters but they spread a rumour that the princess was in love with both brothers." Jean chuckled lightly and Amber was surprised.

           Jean spoke in a casual tone, "I suppose how the public perceives the royals and nobles are very critical of their reputation. That rumour stopped after a week, though they probably found something else to speak about."

          Lisa sighed, "What else would they do when they find some new rumours. Their gossip rarely spreads to us as well, it's usually contained within their kingdom."

          Jean spoke with Lisa as Amber took a seat at the table, "I heard there was a meeting once where they were about to call their kingdom an empire but the ones who attended asked the king to rethink his decision." Lisa and Jean continued their conversation as Amber awaited orders in boredom.

. . .

          Their day continued like usual with paperwork and various tasks. Diluc and Kaeya found themselves at different viewpoints where the princess would stay for eternity if she could have. It was also where they would find her when the royal family asked them to bring the princess back from her stroll for various reasons.

           The day has come to an end but both brothers were still in the large hall pacing back and forth. Kaeya was the first to speak, "Why are you here? You're going to end up digging a hole in the floor if you keep pacing back and forth."

           Diluc stopped in his tracks, "Same goes to you." Both brothers looked at each other and sighed, "We're both worried about her." Kaeya thought for a while, "She couldn't have had the same problem as last time, could she?"

          Diluc's eyes widened as he remembered the time Y/N almost passed out and was burning hot, "We're searching for her right away." Diluc grabbed his jacket from the stand, the same with Kaeya.

          Both ran out of the mansion and got onto horses, Kaeya questioned Diluc where the horses were from. Diluc sighed, "They followed Y/N back on one of the past days and wouldn't leave. I decided to keep them. --- Let's begin, I'll take Mond and Windrise. You take Wolvendom and Springvale. We'll meet on the route to the Thousand Winds Temple" 

          Kaeya smiled, "Alright Captain Diluc." Diluc ignored him and rode in the direction of his search area.

          It's been 30 minutes and both met up at the route, disappointed that they saw neither one of them found her. Both brothers split ways again to search the entire Starfell Highland.

          Another hour passed, nothing. They met back at the same spot they split up at. Diluc thought for a moment, "Let's go to Brightcrown canyon and if we can't find her there, we'll go to Stormterror's liar. Since Dvalin has calmed down, there shouldn't be a problem." Kaeya smirked, "We'll have to show off our skills if we find her in those dangerous areas."

           Diluc gave Kaeya a blunt response, "Whatever," as he rode his horse at full speed. "Come on, we can't fall behind," Kaeya said to his horse as he went at full speed to catch up with Diluc.

          For the past hour in Starfell Highland, Venti noticed Kaeya and Diluc seemed to be looking for something and he has been tailing them ever since, "They're going to Dvalin's liar? I should tag along."

          Venti used his anemo vision to fly in the air as he ate a fresh apple from the tree, "Nothing's better than an apple and the breeze of the wind-- and wine." 

           He almost got caught by Kaeya when he fell into a tree instead of gracefully landing. 

          Venti complained to himself and continued following them by foot, "They're giving me much trouble during the time I should be sleeping. Who are they searching for..."

          Venti's face lit up with happiness, "It is perhaps an old friend of mine. Then, I hope Dvalin greeted her warmly."  He then changed his course, he used a sorter route that Kaeya and Diluc couldn't take in case the horses get stuck or scared away by hilichurls.

          Venti waited near the entrance of Stormterror's liar for 20 minutes, "Argh, why did they have to search the other side-- Yawn --- I see red..." Venti almost dozed off but remember what he said, "Wait, red?" He quickly hid himself as they passed by him.

          Venti followed them in, "Master Diluc, Sir Kaeya!" Both young men stopped their horses, "Venti?" Venti got in front of the horses and asked, "Are you looking for Princess Y/N?"

Author: Hi y'all simps, there are midterm exams soon and I'm barely studying n I've been playing Genshin for like 4-6 hours a day. Anyways, here's your update (:

Y'ALL, WISH ME N Y'ALL LUCK. I'M GONNA GET GUARANTEED KLEE. I'm gonna get Xiao n Albedo too, I already have Ganyu so :D Save up your primos coz Mihoyo won't give us more extras.