Chapter 16

7 a.m . . .

          Three days have passed by like a breeze of wind, everyone continued their errands like usual. Y/N woke up from her comfortable sleep and had realised Kaeya was sitting at the foot of her bed. She abruptly sat up in her bed, "What are you doing here and how long have you been here?!?!"

          Kaeya had a charming smile on his face, "I actually just came in a few moments ago, why don't I help you get ready for the day?" Y/N looked at Kaeya as she tried to not fall for his charms, "Definitely not!"

          Kaeya surrendered, "Alright, alright --- Hmm... I wonder, have you created a bond with my rather stubborn brother?" He said as he stood up.

          Diluc was at the door of Y/N's bedroom and came to a halt after he heard Kaeya.

          Y/N took a moment to answer, "Master Diluc and I are nothing more than friends. I am grateful for everything he has done for me. Kaeya, please leave my room, I need to get ready." Kaeya nodded and lightly pat Y/n's head before heading to the door.

          Diluc heard Kaeya's footsteps got closer and swiftly left but Kaeya ended up catching sight of him after he closed the door. He quickly went after Diluc and placed his left hand on his brother's right shoulder as he walked beside him.

          Diluc removed Kaeya's grip on his shoulder and continued walking down the corridor, leaving his brother behind. Kaeya gave up on catching up with Diluc and decide to speak where he stood, "Diluc, was it something Y/N said moments ago? Have you fallen in-"

          Kaeya was cut off by Diluc, "Didn't you hear what she said earlier? We're just friends," he said the last word in a bitter tone. Kaeya put on a playful mask, "The two of you would be great friends." Diluc brushed away what Kaeya said and headed to his study to take his mind off certain thoughts.

. . .

          Y/N exited her room with a beautiful dress on with matching shoes and a fresh Cecilia in her hair. She had no clue about the conflict between both brothers.

          Y/N made her way downstairs and found both brothers sitting at the dining table, Kaeya and Diluc both seated at each end of the table

          Y/N made her way downstairs and found both brothers sitting at the dining table, Kaeya and Diluc both seated at each end of the table. Both gentlemen spoke at the same time as they gestured to the seat nearest to themselves, "Y/N, have a seat."

          Diluc seemed annoyed and Kaeya seemed rather amused. Y/N was about to skip breakfast but the maids came in and laid the breakfast on the table neatly. A maid held a plate that had Y/N's breakfast with two hands, "Miss Y/N, where would you like to sit?" 

          Y/N felt a bit of pressure from Kaeya when he took a glance at her before looking back at his plate. Diluc silently waited for Y/N to be seated.

          Y/N walked towards a seat near Kaeya, "I'll have a seat here if you don't mind." "Not at all," Kaeya replied as a maid pulled out the chair for Y/N and another placed her breakfast on the table while another placed the silverware.

          Y/N felt a little guilty as she picked up her silverware and waited for the master of the manor to eat. Diluc took a bite of his food and the three of them ate their food in silence as the atmosphere grew tenser.

          After some time, everyone seemed done with their breakfast. Y/N finished a glass of her preferred drink and stood up, "I'll take my leave." Y/N left in a hurry to avoid speaking to either of them. Neither of them stopped Y/N, both brothers left the dining room to attend to their own matters.

. . .

          Y/N walked out of the mansion and took in a breath of the fresh air, "What a relief it is to escape from that atmosphere, I've been stuck with them for quite a long time." She hadn't remembered how long she spent her time in Mondstadt but the days felt like they were passing by slowly.

          Y/N relaxed her fingers and immediately teleported to the hands of the large Barbatos Statue in front of the cathedral with a shine of light.

           Y/N was seated in the hands of the statue, she took a look below her and not a single soul seemed to be around. She sighed and thought of why she came here, "What did I come here for... Bar---Barbatos!" she said as she stood up and turned around.

          The moment she turned around, she saw a person with anemo vision. She got startled and backed off to the edge of the hand of the statue which caused her to fall. Y/N embraced herself for the fall but she was caught by someone.

          Y/N opened her eyes and noticed it was the stranger from earlier, "Long time no see," the stranger said as he gently placed her down. Y/N looked at him and blinked in confusion, "Long time no see? Just what do you mean by-"

          Y/N's brain started to throb and she swayed, Venti hurriedly held her up by her side, "You don't seem so well, Let's bring you to ---" At that moment, she had already passed out.

. . . Memories . . .

          Y/N opened her eyes and saw her younger self practising sword skills with a boy.  Young Y/N barely broke a sweat and it seemed as if she has been going on for 10 minutes straight. She noticed the young boy laid on the floor in defeat, before she could question who it was, her younger self called out to the boy that l on the floor, "Brother Aster! Get up, one more round,  please!"

          Aster seemed extremely exhausted on the floor, "I'm not good at close combat-- unlike you. My catalyst skills are enough-- give me a break. Go challenge the grumpy one." 

          Before Y/N could complain any further, a servant came in, "Your highness, their Majesties have arranged for you to attend the meeting scheduled to be conducted soon." Aster stood up from the floor, "I'll head to my chamber to get ready."

          Aster left as Y/N's servant came into the room, "Your highness, let's get you ready for the meeting. The other servants will clean up the room." Both left the room while the servant explained who would be attending the meeting.

          The conversation got more blurry as Y/N tried to get closer. Her view became bright white and she was suddenly in a heavenly looking place. A familiar face from earlier appeared, "Barbatos," her younger self spoke.

          Before she could process any more information, everything came to her at once, all the flashbacks involving Venti played as she fell into the abyss.

          One memory that played involved the fox-'prince', Y/N was 5 years old at that time. She was deep asleep in her chambers. The fox prince somehow got through the security and took her from her bedroom chamber but before he could step out of the castle grounds, Venti immediately caught him.

           Venti didn't manage to hold down the fox-prince but he was able to save Y/N. He hugged Y/N tightly, "It'll be alright, he's gone now." He knelt down as he gently placed Y/N onto the ground, with a bright smile he said to Y/N that was sobbing and trembling in fear, "I'll be sure to send him flying into the air next time! Now, let's go back in. Shall we, your highness?"

           "Venti!" Y/N screamed as she opened her eyes. To her surprise, she was still seated in the hands of the statue. She looked around her in confusion and held her head with her right hand. Y/N had no idea what she trembled from, "What was-- that about... "Your highness"... I'm-- a royal?"

           Y/N subconsciously teleported herself to a different scene she remembered in her memory. That's when she messed up horribly.