Chapter 26

They left Y/N's room and she was accompanied by Gwyn to lunch, "Gwyn, make sure to eat and rest later." Gwyn nodded. 

          They reached a dining hall and her siblings were all present at the dining table, she sat beside Aster. Aster looked at her brightly, "You haven't forgotten, have you?" Y/N replied with a happy tone, "Not at all."

Prince Aster Hyacinth, 2nd youngest. Dearly loved by Y/N and seems like a puppy that follows her orders.

          Lunch began and ended, Gwyn left and Y/N then headed to the library with Aster

          They reached the library and Aster seemed like he was asking for attention, Y/N was amused, "You're the same as always. I would like to ask, were your plans before this cancelled?" Aster replied, "Indeed it was, that means I get to spend more time with you."

          Y/N pat his head lightly with a smile, "Then, are we going to study?" Aster's eyes lit up and he looked like a puppy, "Can we?" Y/N nodded and about 10 books flew to the table in front of them. 

          "Then there's no time to waste, let's begin with the spells you had forgotten!" Aster said excitingly as he pulled out a chair for Y/N to sit. They both sat next to each other and Aster started flipping through different books at once with his magic as he asked Y/N to point out what does not seem familiar to her.

          Y/N pointed out quite a few spells but they were all moderate difficulty spells, "Seems like I haven't forgotten the most difficult spells." Aster nodded with pride, "You learnt from the best!" Y/N giggled, "Theo."

          Aster shook his head, "Not Theo. It's me." Y/N played along with him, "Hm.. you are the best mage among us... perhaps..." Aster seemed down and Y/N had gotten worried, "What happened? You don't usually get upset like this over me teasing you."

          A few tears flowed out of his eyes, "It's nothing, I'm glad that you're back." He hugged Y/N tightly and she lightly hugged him back, "Im glad too but some room for me to breathe please." Aster let go of her and she did as well.

           She took a deep breath, "I can't breathe when you hug me sometimes, but at least I know you mean it." Aster's eyes don't seem red anymore, Y/N then remembered, "Your eyes used to get red fast whenever even the slightest amount of tears came out, but they would return to normal after you've wiped all your tears."

          Aster smiled, "It's how it has always been. Should we practice some spells?" Y/N nodded and they practised together.

          While they practised, they teased each other and had a blast. Spells here and there, done and undone. Luckily they had not made a mess in the library. 

          Y/N ran around the library while Aster chased her, "Not fair! You're faster than me!" Aster shouted as he tried to keep up. Y/N slowed down for a moment, "Oh really? Does this pace help?" "You- come here!" Aster and Y/N continued to run around the library until he finally caught her. 

          They both sat on the floor exhausted, Aster lazily pointed to her attire, "You should run with a full gown next time instead of this, it's hard to catch you like this." Y/N laughed, "Then maybe I should train your speed and stamina instead." 

          Aster shook his head and lied down on the floor, "Perhaps next time, I can't take this anymore for now." Y/N hugged him while he still lied on the floor, her face against his chest, "But childhood memories are replaying themselves, no?" Aster smiled and hugged her lightly with one arm as he carefully sat up, "Indeed they are. Hm... we were all quite mischievous and playful children-- but Kaleb seemed to have been separated from us."

          Y/N let go of Aster, she had no words to say about that. Aster sighed, "It's best we find out about it after your debut. Go get some rest, We've been here for quite some time." Y/N nodded and Aster got up, he offered his hand to Y/N.

          She took his hand and got up easily, then a sudden voice startled her, "Prince Aster, Princess Y/N?" Gwyn had appeared behind them, "Is everything alright?" Y/N awkwardly stood slightly behind Aster and held his arm, "Yes, everything is fine. Aster would like to escort me to my chambers."

          Aster was surprised by her words, "What--" He saw the look she gave him and changed his tone, "Oh yes, I did-- offer to escort my sister to her room. We would like to be left alone because there is something to discuss." Gwyn bowed, "Very well, your highness." 

          The three of them left the library and departed ways.

          As soon as Y/N and Aster entered her chambers, the door locked by themselves. Aster was alerted, "Was that you?" "Yes, it was." Aster was afraid that she would give him an earful but instead, she invited him to the tea table. 

          A chessboard appeared and everything else was kept with magic, they both sat down and Y/N touched the white queen lightly with her pointer finger, Aster kept quiet. She then pushed all the pieces on her side to the side and put the queen where it belongs.

          Y/N was hesitant of what she wanted to explain but went with it anyway.

          She held the king in her hands, she tapped it a few times to ask what is the piece. "The king," Aster answered softly. The king slowly began to crack in her hand and Aster took some time to think, "Y/N--" Y/N held her finger to her lips to silence him.

          She repaired the king and placed it beside the queen, "But it musn't be done by the girl." she then placed a rook next to the queen. "A horse that loves to take the girl for a ride." Y/N placed the knight next to the rook.  Aster was then extremely alert, "Are we being watched..." he thought as his eyes slowly scanned the room.

          He returned his attention to Y/N and the board. "It would throw her off its back when it feels threatened," Y/N's tone seemed calm as ever and she was in deep thought. Aster cleared the pieces on his side. "The girl treats the horse lovingly as she would." He placed another horse next to the pawn, "Another horse came along."

          Y/N smiled, "You remember the story so well! Let's continue the memory game we used to play in secret then." Aster smiled, "There was no memory game..."

          Y/N took 2 black rooks and one white, she placed the black beside her and white on the king's side with a pawn, "A lady that dearly loves him, a boy that may be trapped." Aster was focused on every move she made and every word she said.

          She tapped the black rooks, "The ones who protect her, will live on forever." She took the black rook nearest to the queen, "Old man kicks him off, the other downfalls as well." The rook she held, kicked the king down and the queen followed with Y/N's magic.

          She took the two knights, "The two horses still threw her off them although she loved and cared for them dearly." Y/N placed the knights in the right corner of Aster's side on the board. "There they are in their shed because they harmed her."

          Now on the board, the king and queen are lying down, a black rook stood with great responsibility where the king once stood. The other rooks stood as the same and the pawn was suddenly missing from sight. The knights were isolated and kept their silence.

          Y/N smiled slightly, "You've lost the memory game again. Maybe next time~" Aster took a moment to scan the board, he spoke in a disappointed "Indeed, seems I've lost." The pawn then appeared in Y/N's hand, "This will be my little toy." Aster laughed, "Make it a puppet."

          Y/N then spoke, "Aster, I may be wrong on the horses. I'm not sure but whatever it is doesn't matter much." She cleared the chess pieces and board, the tea and fruits returned to the table.  Aster then went to open her chamber door, "Till we meet again in this palace."