Chapter 8

Y/N was near Diluc's Manor, she was observing the grapes of the winery. It suddenly started raining as she walked towards the Manor, "No no no!" Y/N ran to the door and opened it.

          "Where have you been?-" Diluc noticed Y/N's clothes were wet from the rain. "Sigh... At least you aren't drenched in rainwater. Go change before you catch a cold. Good night," Diluc left Y/N all alone.

          "Why does he have to be grumpy always..." Y/N said under her breath. She sighed in frustration and made her way to her room. She was grateful she wasn't fully drenched in rainwater. She didn't want to trouble the maids.

          Y/N closed her bedroom door and walked towards the bathroom and entered, "These clothes are my favourite... Now it's all ruined!" She whined as she took her clothes off. 

          Y/N took a warm bath and got out. "Achoo!" Y/N sneezed repeatedly. "How many times did I sneeze..." Y/N said as she picked a nightgown to wear.

          "White... hmph... I'll just wear this then," Y/N said as she snapped her fingers. The nightgown magically appeared on her body. "I really shouldn't be wasting my energy like this but it doesn't feel like I'm using my energy much at all," she thought as she opened the bathroom door. She gathered her laundry and stepped out of her room.

          "Where do I-" She noticed one of the maids. "Excuse me?" The maid turned around and bowed slightly, "Yes, Miss Y/N?" "About my laundry... I didn't see a laundry basket in my room," Y/N walked towards the maid with her laundry in hand. 

          "My apologies, we must have forgotten. I'll take care of this. A laundry basket will be brought to your room first thing in the morning, Miss Y/N." The maid looked up and offered to take the laundry. Y/N gave the laundry, "Thank you." The maid bowed once again and left.

          "Now that's dealt with... I still can't seem to be at peace. What's worrying me?" Y/N said as she walked back to her room.

          Y/N laid on her bed and moments passed by till she couldn't take it anymore. "I need to find out about my family and my past. How?" She buried her face into the soft pillow. After some thoughts, she turned back and faced the ceiling "Sir Kaeya... he surely knows more than he lets out."

          Y/N got out of bed and walked towards the window, "The night sky is so lovely... Like the sky from... Star Ocean..." Y/N felt the sudden pain again, "Ah, not again." She leaned her back against the wall, "What is it this time," She said in a frustrated voice.

. . .

          "Star Ocean is beautiful when it's night time. Sadly I have to leave soon, perhaps I should come here tomorrow night,"

. . .

          "What is this feeling... why am I burning hot?" Y/N said under her breath as she slid down the wall. Her legs couldn't hold her up anymore. "It burns... help"

. . .

          The door of the mansion opened, Diluc assumed it was Y/N, "Where have you been?-" He noticed Y/N's clothes were wet from the rain. "Sigh... At least you aren't drenched in rainwater. Go change before you catch a cold. Good night," Diluc left Y/N alone and headed to his bedroom.

          Diluc closed his bedroom door and sighed, "What other intel have I gathered so far..." Diluc paced around his room for a few minutes, "Hyacinth... has been awfully quiet. The Queen and King haven't sent out gala invitations yet. The invitations should have been sent by now... unless I'm not invited this time."

          Diluc was suspicious of Hyacinth Kingdom for a few reasons. He walked over to the window and looked into the night sky, lost in thought. He had a sudden thought, "I should go check on her." Diluc left his bedroom and headed to Y/N's bedroom. His pace got faster with every step he took.

. . .

          Y/N was burning up, she felt the heat from her heart. "Calm down..." she thought as she placed her hand over the pain. More memories started coming back.

          "Doctor!" "Fear not, she will be fine. All she needs are these potions." "What potions are these?! I will not allow-" "Do you want her to stay alive or face death?" "Do what you need to..." "Assistant attend To this right away." --- "If this happens again, the least you could do is give her a Vial of Moon Tears of Amethyst. It is a potion infused with moon magic. Every alchemist should know of it---."

          Y/N tried to keep her eyes open. Knocking came from the door, "Y/N? Open the door." Diluc stood in front of the door, worried about Y/N, "Y/N?! Are you-" Diluc barged in and saw Y/N struggling to keep herself awake. "Y/N!" Diluc said in shock, he quickly rushed over. "You-" Y/N cut him off, her voice was barely heard, "Vial of Moon Tears of Amethyst... An alchemist should be able to make it."

          "Diluc-" another voice came from the doorway. "Diluc is everything fine? She doesn't seem well at all." Diluc carried Y/N to the bed and placed her down gently, "Kaeya, immediately travel to Mond and ask Albedo to make a Vial of Moon Tears of Amethyst. Bring it back as fast as you can." "Yes, I'll be back," Kaeya ran out of the manor and made his way to Mond, in search of Albedo.

          "Y/N, stay awake. I'll go get ice-" Y/N held Diluc's hand to prevent him from leaving, "Ice... will make it worse," Y/N tried her best to talk clearly. "Then what should I do?" Diluc asked and Y/N held his hand tighter. "Stay.. and try to keep me awake...don't worry, I'll be fine..."

          Diluc was hesitant to do nothing else but keep her company. Y/N tugged his hand a little. He sighed and pulled a nearby chair and sat down, Y/N still held his hand. "Kaeya... hurry... I can't have another life die under my care."