Chapter 13

Y/N closed her bedroom door and leaned against it, "I might just be going insane... Yeah.. that's it I'm just going insane... oh god what is happening." She buried her face in the palms of her hands, "I'm so confused..." 

          Y/N remembered about the leaf from earlier, she looked up from her hands and made the leaf appear above her right hand. The leaf floated in front of her and she swirled her finger to turn the leaf around.

          "Maybe if I put it in sunlight..." Y/N grabbed the leaf gently and walked towards the window. She held the leaf in the direction of the sunlight that penetrated the window. A faint but noticeable pattern was on the leaf.

          She looked at the leaf closer as she tried to make out what it was, "The letter M." She made the leaf disappear into thin air once again. She made her way to the cupboard in the corner of the room and placed her hands on the handle.

          She opened the door and noticed a box inside, it was a beautiful white box plated with gold. "This wasn't here before..." She knelt down and picked up the box with both her hands. She stood up and walked over to the study table in the other corner of the room.

          Y/N placed the box on the table and noticed a keyhole, "It's locked..." She tried to open it and surprisingly it opened, she spoke in a voice that lacked excitement "I guess someone forgot to lock it." 

          A key was placed on top of a leaf that was on top of a note. Y/N ignored the key and took the leaf. She rushed over to the window and did the same thing she had done with the other leaf. This time the pattern was more noticeable. "The letter Y... M-Y... My?" she questioned.

          She shook the thought off her head and returned to the box. Knocking was heard at the door, "Miss Y/N, lunch has been prepared." "I'll be there in a moment!" Y/N shouted loud enough for the maid to hear. She hurriedly placed the leaf back in the box and closed it.

. . .

          She reached the dining room and noticed Diluc was even more grumpy than usual, "I have a bad feeling about this..." Diluc gestured to the chair where Y/N usually sits, "Please take a seat. We need to talk."

          Y/N was clearly worried and it was written all over her face, she made her way to the chair and sat down. Y/N tried to keep her composure, "What is it that we need to talk about, Master Diluc?"

          Diluc sighed, "First of all, you can call me by Diluc. Secondly, why were you still in the library?" Y/N's face became pale, "I was... checking some books. I was trying to find a book I could read later on."

          Diluc placed his hands together, "You didn't see anyone? I would suggest that you tell me the truth." Y/N shook her head as she tried to cover up a lie, "No one. Why should there be anyone else other than the maids, butlers, Kaeya and you?"

          Diluc took a sip of his drink, "Very well then, enjoy your meal. I have other matters to attend to."

Author: well remember I said I wasn't gonna write anymore? Yea that was a lie, I don't have a life so here we go again.