Chapter 14

. . .The next day, night  (9:13p.m) . . .

          Y/N sat on her bed exhausted. "These commissions sure can be tiring. I'm glad I ate dinner at Good Hunter's before fighting off those hilichurls..." She had spent the rest of the day doing commissions because she had forgotten about the leaf and its mysteries.

          Y/N laid down on her comfortable bed, "I almost got burned by the pyro slimes... this doesn't feel like me. Perhaps I'm just drained of energy..." She remembered a few other events that happened today and stood up from the bed.

          "The fox prince and the leaf!" she said in excitement as she rushed over to the box she had left earlier. "Wait, where is the box? Master Diluc!!!" she shouted. "Yes, my love?"

          Y/N whipped her head to the door of her bedroom. Just then she had realised it was the fox prince. He smirked and closed the door behind him. A  sword magically appeared in Y/N's hands.

          The prince unsheathed his sword, "Looks like you remember how to equip weapons. What about me? Remember those memories where-" Y/N cut him off, "I'm not listening to you."

          Yesterday late at night Diluc had informed Y/N of the evil doings of the fox. She believed in Diluc after some convincing.

          A sudden thought came to mind, "Where's Master Diluc?" she said as she held the sword tighter and clenched her jaw.

          The prince smirked, "Don't worry, he is safe in his study." Y/N remembered the words Diluc had said to her last night"Please don't fight back, I'll tell you my plan." She made the sword disappear and surrendered, "What do you want?"

          A sinister smile played on the prince's lips, "Your head on a silver platter or perhaps if you agree to be my wife, I won't harm you or Master Diluc."

          Y/N was silent and the fox continued to speak, "To begin with, I was never a prince in the first place."Y/N wasn't surprised by that piece of information and tilted her head, "That isn't new information."

          The doors flung open and Diluc came in with a strike at the human-like fox. The fox quickly stopped Diluc's attack by guarding and all his attention was on Diluc as he tried to push away his heavy claymore.

          "You're not getting away this time," Diluc said as he put half his strength on his claymore. Before the fox could say anything, Y/N threw a spear-shaped ball of electro element onto him. Diluc swiftly pulled back with his claymore and watched the fox fall to the ground.

          "How strong was that?" Diluc asked Y/N as he kept his attention on the fox from a safe distance. Y/N hesitated, "I may have accidentally used a little bit too much strength..."

          Diluc's knelt down and checked the pulse of the fox on the ground. He could not feel anything from the body, "We lost him," he said in frustration as he sighed.

          Diluc looked at Y/N and noticed her guilty expression, "Y/N... it's alright, it doesn't seem as if he could have given us valuable information after all. Let's discard the body." Y/N nodded and tried to carry the fox by his legs, "I'll carry-"

          Diluc cut her off, "You don't have to carry him, I'll carry him and you can make a portal to Wolvendom." Y/N felt a dark aura from Diluc and quickly let go of the fox. Diluc carried the fox as Y/N made a portal to Wolvendom.

. . . At Wolvendom . . .

          Diluc exited the portal and Y/N trailed behind him as the portal slowly closed by itself. She felt uncomfortable with the silence and spoke, "Diluc, it seems like it's going to heavily rain soon." Diluc grunted and placed the fox on the ground, "We will bury him here..."

          Y/N was confused, "Here? Right now? But we don't have a sho-" Diluc raised his voice, "You can make one appear." Y/N tilted her head, "What makes you think I can make a darn shovel appear???"

          Diluc looked at Y/N with a cold stare, "Do what I say." She was frustrated with Diluc's tone however, she still tried to imagine a shovel appearing in her hands. A sudden weight made her drop the item that appeared in her hands. Y/N picked up the shovel and handed it to Diluc, "Sorry."

. . .

          10 Minutes after they have buried the body, Diluc threw the shovel to trees nearby, "That will do, we should get back before the rain-"

          Suddenly thunder and lightning hit and the rain started, Y/N got startled and hugged Diluc tightly. Diluc was surprised by Y/N hugging him and he became stiff but slowly loosened up. "Y/N, It's just thunder," he whispered in her left ear as he placed his right hand on her head gently.

          Y/N had realised she was clinging onto Diluc and quickly pushed away, "I'm sorry!" Diluc looked away abruptly and his hair hid the reaction on his face, "No need to apologise."

          The rain got heavier which made Diluc took off his jacket and covered Y/N's head with it. Y/N looked at him, "Diluc-" He shook his head and held Y/N's hand, "Let's run to somewhere with shelter."

          The rain got stronger and stronger as they ran, soon after they found an abandoned straw hut. Diluc and Y/N quickly ran into the hut to take shelter from the storm. 

          They were out of breath and soaked from the rain, Diluc and Y/N squeezed the water out of their hair and clothes as they took a moment to catch their breath. She then picked up a few sticks and leaves from the ground to make a small fire without wasting any time.

          After she had placed all the sticks and some leaves together, she called Diluc over, "Diluc, I need you to light this." Diluc nodded as he sat down with Y/N and lit the fire.

          Y/N had a question she had been wanting to ask earlier, "Diluc... how did you know I couldn't teleport us back?" Diluc calmly answered, " Well, I've been doing some research on Hyacinth and found that information." Y/N hugged her legs tightly, "I see..."

          Another loud thunder struck the ground, the rain seems to be never-ending as well. Y/N got up and took Diluc's jacket off her. Diluc asked her what she was up to, "I'm going to hang the jacket to let it dry," she replied.

          She saw a long piece of bamboo running low across the ceiling above the fire and tried to hang the jacket on it. She hopped a little to try and hang the jacket but ended up stomping her feet on the ground in frustration.

          Diluc was amused by Y/N and slightly chuckled. Y/N looked at Diluc with an irritated face, "Stop laughing and start helping!" Diluc got up and offered his hand to Y/N, " I'll carry you up on my back and you should be able to hang it."

          Y/N held out the jacket to Diluc, "Can't you reach it? You seem tall enough." "Fine," he said in his usual tone although he looked a little disappointed as he took the jacket from Y/N and hung it up.