Chapter 12

. . . 11:36 A.M . . . Fatui Headquarters . . .

          "I've received intel that the princess of Hyacinth had gone missing," a male voice said. "What do we gain from finding this princess of theirs?" A lady with blonde hair asked. "Childe has entered the room, feels good to be here. What are you two chit-chatting about?" Childe asked as he made his entrance and leaned against the wall beside the door.

          "Scaramouche," the lady said. Scaramouche walked towards Childe and stopped a few steps away from him, "The princess from Hyacinth had gone missing ." Childe was deep in thought, "Any suspects?" Scaramouche scoffed, "Those humans without a vision that can barely keep their mouths shut."

          Childe smiled, "Well, I know who it is then. I'll bring him over and we'll fix this." Childe noticed Signora's ignorant face, "You look..." Signora spoke, "Why should we be helping them? What will we ever get in return?" 

          Scaramouche sighed, "They gave us options for each of us." Signora smirked, "Options? Usually, we don't get to choose." Scaramouche had the urge of threatening Signora's life.

          Childe spoke, "Scaramouche, please do continue." Scaramouche nodded, "As I was saying. they gave us options. They had also only assigned myself and Childe to find her highness. It should be easy to find her." Signora's eyes widened, "Why only the two of you?" Scaramouche ignored her.

          Childe opened the door to exit the room, "I'll find her before you can. We should also deal with that person." He left the room and Scaramouche followed behind, "I'll find her before you, don't forget that my rank is higher than yours."

. . . 12:03 P.M . . . Diluc's Manor . . .

          "Miss Y/N! Thank Barbatos, we were worried about you!" A maid said after Y/N opened the entrance door. "I hope I didn't cause much trouble..." Y/N said awkwardly. "Not at all. Master Diluc wishes to see you in the library right now."

          "I'll be going now, thank you," Y/N said calmly and made her way to the library. "Did I do something wrong... what could it even be?" Y/N was lost in thought as she walked at a steady pace and made the leaf disappear from her hands.

          Y/N opened the doors to the library and spotted Diluc at a table. Someone else had also caught her attention, "Y/N, glad to meet you again," Kaeya said as he placed down the book he was reading. Y/N looked at Diluc then at Kaeya, "Glad to meet you too... Did I make you two wait too long?"

         Diluc spoke, "It's only been five minutes, please take a seat." Y/N sat down on a chair beside Diluc. Kaeya looked at Y/N, "Trying to be safe? I don't think either of us are safe to be around." Diluc sighed, "Sir Kaeya, stop that. Back to the situation at hand, Y/N... I noticed your golden eyes this morning."

          Y/N felt shivers down her back, "Is there a.. problem?" Kaeya looked at her, "I saw nothing of sort when you arrived at the Favonius Headquarters and I don't see those lovely golden eyes now." Y/N looked at Diluc, "It's gone?" Diluc nodded. 

          Diluc pushed a stack of books in front of Y/N, "I tried searching for information about it but found nothing. I couldn't find that potion in any of the books as well." Kaeya opened a book and placed it in front of Diluc. He pointed at a line and read it, "The soul that seeks the answer to an unknown potion, will never find the answer without a pure soul."

          Diluc looked at the line, "This completely makes no sense. A pure soul?" Kaeya nodded towards Y/N, "Looks like our answer is here. But it is possible that this sentence may just be misleading people." Y/N shook her head, "It's a sentence to mislead people."

          Kaeya looked at Y/N curiously, "How are you sure?" Y/N looked at the books in front of her, "I just know it is..." Kaeya sighed, "Maybe you didn't lose your memories at all. Don't you agree, brother?" Y/N looked at Diluc, "Brother?" 

          "Don't call me that ever again, Sir Kaeya," Diluc said in a grumpy voice. Kaeya nodded, "As you wish... I'll be taking my leave now." Y/N looked at Kaeya, "So soon?" Kaeya smiled, "Wanted me to accompany you a little longer?" "I've already gotten the information I needed."

          "No, please leave," Y/N answered as she stood up and carried the stack of books that were placed in front of her. "Hope we meet again soon," Kaeya said as he left the library. 

           Diluc soon left after Kaeya as well. Y/N carried the books carefully to a shelf. She placed the books against the shelf and supported it with her left hand as she used her right hand to place the books back one after another.

          After placing all the books on the shelves, Y/N heard the sound of a sword. She froze in place, "Kaeya uses a sword but he left. Master Diluc doesn't look like he wields a sword... who-" A sword was suddenly held at her neck.  She could feel her back pressed against someone.

          A male voice spoke near her left ear, "A white fox that looks like snow. It had once promised to protect the life of a girl." Y/N wanted to scream for help but instead, she calmly spoke, "What were the words that it had said when it promised to protect her life?" The voice spoke in a whispery voice, "You probably don't find interest me but I promise to protect you with every chance I get. I don't expect anything in return from such a stubborn princess like you... but perhaps a dance with me at the gala would be splendid, wouldn't it?" 

          The sword was pulled away from her neck, "Your highness..." Y/N widened her eyes, "Your highness?!?" She turned around, "You are insane to think-" She paused when she saw the appearance of the voice.

          He looked in his 20's and had fox ears. The colour of his hair and eyes matched the white fox's. Y/N had also noticed a golden crown on his head "Y-you..." The man smiled, "Is your memory loss that bad, Princess?"

          Y/N shook her head, "What do you mean... I..." "Please allow me to-" Diluc's voice was heard, "Y/N, are you still in the library?" The prince's fox ears twitched. He waved and swiftly left without a sound. "Hey-.... Damn it... who is he..." Y/N said in a whispery voice.

          "Y/N?" Y/N turned around and saw Diluc, "Master Diluc! I'm sorry, I'll be taking my leave now." She left in a rush without giving Diluc another chance to speak.

          "Why was she just standing there..." Diluc thought. He saw movement out of the corner of his eye. "That's why," he thought as he ran towards the stranger. Diluc followed behind the stranger and ended up in a dead-end in the library. "Shit... where did they go?" He said in a whispery voice.

. . .

          The prince stood on the roof of Diluc's large manor and took the crown off his head. He held it at the end of his fingers and a smirk appeared on his face, "I missed my chance... That Master Diluc sure is a pest." He slowly walked along the roof easily, one step at a time.

          The wind blew and the sun shined on him, the sword in his left hand shined brightly. "She really did lose her memories..."  He left the premises of the manor without a soul noticing him.