thirty one !

chapter thirty one

formality

"is she okay?" stiles questioned as they sat in scott's room, the three of them waiting on his mom coming into the house. kida was sprawled on scott's bed, stiles was sitting on his desk chair, and scott was listening to a phone call between his mom and peter's answering machine. "what's she doing?" stiles asked softly, sharing a look with kida and frowning. the two of them cared dearly for melissa, and the woman had become like a second mother to them. "crying." this made kida's heart hurt.

"scott, you can't protect everyone." stiles said gently, as scott took a seat in front of kida. she she scrambled forwards, wrapping her arms around her best friend's shoulders, and giving him a small smile. "i have to." kida shook her head, sharing another look with stiles. before the responsibility of being a werewolf, scott was so much happier.

"no...you don't. not on your own." kida kissed his cheek softly and gave him a big smile, before looking towards stiles with that same smile. she'd found that her favourite pass time was just looking at him. she thought he was truly beautiful. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------

"you want me to take her to the formal?" jackson asked as the three friends stood in front of him. scott was banned from going to the formal, due to failing three classes, and jackson was his last hope at allison having a good time at the formal.  he had broken up with lydia, and while beacon hills' resident it girl didn't like that, she would have to deal with it.

"i don't want you to, i need you to." scott said, holding his arms out for jackson. stiles leaned against the lockers, with kida tucked under his arm. the girl wasn't paying much attention, instead thinking of something that she was going to ask stiles. and she really didn't know how he was going to react.

"screw you." jackson said shortly, a glare in his eyes as he looked at the beta. kida sighed, looking to jackson lazily and wanting nothing more than to smack his head into the lockers. "you know what? screw you too. and you. in fact, have a threesome." kida growled gently, as stiles wrapped a tight arm around her waist.

as he tried to walk past scott, the beta slammed his hand on the lockers, with his arm blocking the boy from walking past. "you're her friend too. all that time you spent with her to get to me,  you can't tell me that you didn't get to know her and like her." scott was right. anyone that spoke to allison for more than five minuted easily began to like her. 

"i shouldn't say i told you so. because it's not strong enough. how about...i'm always right, and you should listen to whatever i have to say and never disagree, ever, ever. for the sake of your wolflihood." kida rolled her eyes, letting her hand fly out to slap stiles' chest, as she galred up at her boyfriend with glowing blue eyes. until she stopped, realising that she needed to be on his hood side for what she was going to ask him.

"sti, can i talk to you?" she let her hand fall down to his wrist, holding on to it and pulling him to sit down on one of the benches in the locker room. she didn't know, but stiles' heart began to beat out of his chest. her sombre expression made him assume the worst, and he was dreading this conversation. 

"i need you to do me a huge favour." she said quietly, looking to the ground and pulling on the hem of her pale blue shirt. it was actually stiles' shirt, but she had stolen it after staying at his house for a weekend. "will you take lydia to the dance?" she let out in a quick sentence, as stiles let out a breath of relief and a small 'thank god.'

"wh-what? i thought we were going together?" she let out a small sigh, and leaned forward to place a gentle kiss on his lips to assure him that this wasn't her way of breaking up with him. he melted into the kiss, leaning into the touch and trying to let his tongue slide past her bottom lip.

"i feel really bad for lydia. her ex boyfriend and best friend are going to the dance together, and she won't have a date. please, sti?" she gave him her best puppy dog eyes, and after hearing her explanation, he was ready to say yes to her. he loved how she always cared more about other people than she did about herself.

"who are you gonna go with?"he asked, looking down at their joint hands with a sad look. he didn't want to let his girl go to a dance alone, while he was with another girl. even if it was because she'd asked him to. she cupped his cheeks with a smile, and let him know that wasn't going to be alone.

"i'll go with scotty. and if he can't get in, i'll spend my night with danny." she reassured him that she would be completely fine with him taking lydia, and she made him promise that he would treat her with the utmost respect and compliments. she deserved to be told she was beautiful, because she knew that jackson never told her.

"you know i love you, right? more than anything?" he held her hand tightly as he looked at her. before she brought her hands to his face and pulled his lips down to meet hers. this was one of those kisses that every girl dreams about. where butterflies erupt and fireworks go off, and you fall so deep in love as it happens. and she did, she was completely and entirely in love with stiles stilinski. and somehow, she was absolutely fine with it. in fact, she welcomes it with open arms and an award winning huge smile.

"and i love you, mi amor."