nineteen !

ૂ   ⋆   ゚ ✰   ༅    ✶

ATLANTIS

........................................

𝗮𝗰𝘁 𝗼𝗻𝗲 — 𝘯𝘪𝘯𝘦𝘵𝘦𝘦𝘯
»↷ 019. DIG A LITTLE DEEPER 
🈲 🆘 🈴

it had been a single hour and between the two of them, kida and stiles had managed to polish off more than half a bottle of jack daniels. it was safe to say that they were drunk as a skunk by now. "there are so many other girls in the sea." the two were trying to cheer up their werewolf counterpart, but it wasn't exactly working.

kida had her head leant on stiles' chest and he rested an arm across her stomach, allowing her to play with his fingers gently. "why would girls be in the sea?" of course scott knew what he meant, but in her state, kida probably wouldn't be able to tell the difference between stiles and scott. "fish in the sea."

kida furrowed her eyebrows at the boy, wondering why he was now talking about fish instead of females. "why are you talking about fish? i'm talking about girls." kida grinned up at her other best friend, who couldn't help but share that same grin when he saw how happy she was.

"i love girls." kida's statement made stiles choke on the alcohol running down his throat. although he knew that the girl shared his same love for the opposite sex, her saying that she loved girls so casually sparked something in it, and he cursed his hormonal teenage body.

"me too. especially ones with platinum blonde hair, blue eyes...five foot four." kida smiled at the boy's love for girls, the comment going straight over her head as it usually would. "like kida?" she looked up to scott who smirked to her, shaking her head and lifting her middle finger to her best friend.

"yeah, exactly. hey, how did you know i was talking about...about. what was i talking about?" kida began giggling uncontrollably at the boy, making him grin at the fact he made her laugh. "hey, scotty, you're not happy. drink." she moved to hand the bottle to scott, who told her he didn't want anymore.

"wow i'd hate to be you right now, scotty. i couldn't imagine not being able to get drunk." she let out another string of giggles, pushing her body further into stiles' chest and playing with a loose thread on the hem of her shirt. "come on, dude. i know it feels bad, i know it hurts. well i don't know. but i know this. i know that as much as being broken up hurts, being alone is way worse."

kida had let stiles' comment fly over her head, her eyelids beginning to feel heavy from the effect of the whiskey she'd been downing for the past three hours. the boy began to chuckle, telling himself that was he said didn't make any sense and moving to grab the bottle again. "well, look at the two little bitches getting their drink on. and the little lady there. why don't you come home with us, sweetheart?"

"don't talk to her. give it back." two random men had approached the trio, picking up their bottle and attempting to grab kida. she pushed herself back, instinctively going towards scott and stiles, who each held a hand out for her to grab. "what's that little man?" the taller one was intimidating, and the shorter one kept creepily glancing at kida, making her uncomfortable.

"just give us the bottle. don't be a dick." kida had stood up now, walking towards the two men and attempting to grab the alcohol. "i want the bottle." scott's hand latched onto hers, pulling her into his grip and pushing her down to the floor with stiles. "scott, maybe we should just go." stiles was ready to pack up their stuff, only wanting to get kida away from the men.

"you brought me here to get me drunk stiles. i'm not drunk yet." as the man took a swig of the brown liquid, scott stood up slowly, standing in front of him and glaring. "come on, sweetheart. you don't want to stay with the little bitches do you?" kida glared at the two men, feeling the anger start to bubble in her chest as she looked at them.

"give me the bottle. and apologise to her." as the man laughed and shook his head, scott let his eyes glow a magnificent yellow, which would usually alarm kida, but these two deserved it. stiles saw the claws growing from his fingernails, deciding now was a time to intervene. "scotty..." scott glanced back at kida, his eyes turning back to his normal brown colour when he saw how scared she was.

"okay, please tell me that because of the break up." scott was walking way to fast for kida's liking, and she was practically jogging to try and keep up with the two boys in front of her. "or because tomorrow's the full moon?" kida offered, stiles glancing back at her thankfully. she pushed scott towards the jeep, telling him they had to go home now.

——————————

"you have forty five minutes to complete the test. twenty five percent of your grade can be earned simply by writing your name on the cover of the blue book." kida rolled her eyes, her automatic reaction to mr harris' slow drawl of a voice. "however, as happens every year, one of you will inexplicably fail to put your name on the cover, and i'll be left yet again questioning by decision to ever become a teacher."

as kida began her test, it took only two minutes for scott to run out of the classroom, stiles following quickly after him. "miss nadakh, care to explain why your boyfriends have decided they're too good to take this test?" she rolled her eyes, screwing up her paper and picking up her bag. she walked slowly up to his desk, placing the paper ball in front of him and smiling. "shove it up your ass, harris."

and with that, she too ran out of the classroom, following her two best friends. "sti?" she saw the figure of her favourite boy leaning over something in the hallway, noticing it was scott's backpack, with no teen werewolf to be seen. "i hear his phone." she followed stiles to the locker room, hearing the water running and slowly stepping in.

"scotty, it's kida?"as she and stiles looked around the corner of the showers, they saw their best friend hunched over the showers, his clothes in a pile on the floor. "kida, i can't..." kida was alarmed, usually it was stiles that scott went to when something was wrong, but this time, he specifically wanted kida. "scotty, what's wrong?"

he was hyperventilating, struggling to breathe, and stiles pulled his inhaler out of his bag. "i can't breathe." she wrapped her arms around him, pulling him to the floor and giving him the inhaler. "use it, scott." he began breathing normally, his head just resting lazily on kida's shoulder, his whole weight on her small frame. "you were having a panic attack. i get them all the time."

"i looked at her, and it was like someone hit me in the ribs with a hammer." kida frowned, looking up at stiles with a solemn expression, her heart hurting for her best friend. "it's called heartbreak, scotty." she lifted a hand to run through his hair, stroking it gently to calm him down. "about two billion songs written about it."

"you need to do a whole lot more than lock me in my room tonight." kida frowned as scott stood up, making stiles move forward to over her a hand up. her outfit was now soaked, but she didn't mind, she was helping a friend. "because if you do, you might get caught by hunters?" the slight tinge to her accent made her sound funny, but stiles adored it.

"no. because if i get out...i might kill someone."