two !

chapter two
fashion sense

kida huffed as she heard the familiar sad beep of a horn from outside of her house, running a hand through her hair harshly to pull any knots out of it. the first day of school, and she was already making stiles late. she grabbed her blue backpack, looking in the mirror to make sure her tattoo was covered up by something that milo had introduced to her as concealer. she peered out of the window to see stiles, giving himself what looked to be a pep talk, probably planning to talk to lydia martin.

she pulled her pale blue skirt down, making sure everything was covered, before bounding down the stairs and out of the door to see stiles. she smiled as he pulled the door open for her, helping her climb into roscoe's interior and grinning as he closed the door behind her. he climbed into the seat beside her, trying his best to concentrate on the road rather than her soft pink lips. she broke the comfortable silence with a burning question, one she felt the need to ask. "do you think scott got murdered last night?"

stiles choked on thin air, completely forgetting that they had left their best friend alone in the woods, in the middle of the night. he glared at the girl for reminding him that their asthmatic counterpart could in fact be the next body stiles' father will find. as they pulled up to school, kida spotted scott licking his bike up, jumping out of roscoe and running over towards him. "i'm so glad you didn't die last night." she pulled him into a tight hug, her arms wrapping around his neck as his snakes around her waist.

stiles quickly made his way over to the two of them, tilting his head in confusion and silently asking scott what the hell was happening. the boy simply shrugged, embracing their female friend and smiling. "okay let's see this thing." stiles said as they pulled away, it now being kida's turn to be confused. "see what thing?" she gasped as scott pulled his shirt up, revealing a bandage with blood seeping out of it, and an incredibly toned set of abs for her to drool over. "have you been working out?"

scott smiled giddily at the girl as she noticed his hard work to get his body in shape for lacrosse. "yeah, can you tell?" she nodded as she stared at his six pack, moving her hand to touch the abs in front of her. "oh yeah, you can see the definition now, you couldn't see it in summer." stiles glared daggers at his two best friends as they flirted, lifting his hands to slap both of them on the back of the heads. "focus, you guys." they sheepishly smiled at the boy with the buzzcut, scott pulling his shirt down.

"it was too dark to see much, but i'm pretty sure it was a wolf." stiles and kida shared a look, one that meant scott was bullshitting and they were having a silent debate on who was going to call him out for it. "california doesn't have wolves scotty, i googled it." the boy looked forlorn as he realised his fantasy of being bitten by a wolf and getting magical superpowers was really just a fantasy. she rubbed his arm comfortingly, glancing at stiles. "i found the other half of the body." the boy with the buzzcut jumped around excitedly as he took in this information, right until he saw a certain strawberry blonde girl before him.

"this is the best thing to happen to this town since...since the birth of lydia martin." stiles sighed in a lovestruck manner as he stared at the redheaded girl, kida's frown returning. "hey lydia, you look...like you're gonna ignore me." kida patted his shoulder gently, a small smile on her face at the fact she ignored the boy. "you'll get her next time, buddy." the three best friends ventured into the high school, their first day beginning with talk of the body found in the woods.

kida simply tuned out the entire class, the only productive thing she did being sticking pencils in stiles' ear from her seat behind him. as they gathered in the hallway by their lockers, she noticed the new girl already becoming best friends with lydia martin, thus making her one of the most popular girls in school. "someone tell me how new girl's been here all of five minutes and she's already hanging out with lydia's clique?" kida smiled as she saw one of the girl's from her english class beside stiles, thinking the exact same thing as her.

"because she's hot. beautiful people herd together. speaking of which, kie, why aren't you best friends with lydia?" kida blushed slightly at the thought of him calling her beautiful, before tucked a strand of hair behind her ear and scoffing. "because i'm not a character from mean girls?" stiles looked confused as to how she knew about mean girls, seeing as she'd told them she was from a place where television didn't exist. "i watched it with scott, you were grounded for going through your dad's case files."

he understood, closing his locker and wrapping an arm around scott, who wrapped an arm around kida, who pulled the two boys towards the locker room for practice. kida had tried out for the team, subsequently being made a bench warmer with scott and stiles, but nonetheless being apart of them team. the three of them jogged onto the field, stiles grumbling about how he'd have nobody to talk to if scott actually got to play. "oh okay, screw me i guess." stiles simply placed a kiss on her cheek as an apology, turning back towards scott.

kida pulled stiles towards the bench by the sleeve of his jersey, pushing him to sit down and taking a seat beside him. she watched as coach thrusted a goalie stick at their best friend, sighing and burying her head in her hands. "he's gonna get eaten alive out there." stiles only nodded, watching intently as a ball flew towards scott, hitting the brunette boy straight in the face and knocking him to the ground. his two best friends hissed in pain for him, silently praying he would get up and show them all how good he was.

stiles and kida cheered as he got back up, scott beginning to catch every single shot the boys threw at him. she gasped and gripped stiles' hand tightly as jackson made his way to the front of the line, running towards scott as full speed and launching the ball at him. at the last second, the ball landed in scott's stick, causing stiles and kida to jump up and cheer. they embraced each other, jumping up and down and hollering at their best friend. in the moment, they forgot where they were, and pulled away awkwardly to straighten out their uniforms.

she sighed as she pulled her jersey off, being covered by her two best friends as she changed in the boys locker room. they each held up their jackets to shield her from the rest of the team, both of them having seen her like that already. once she was done, she was thrown into stiles' jeep, and the three of them were off again to find scott's inhaler. "stiles...please?" she gave the boy her best puppy dog eyes, as he huffed and bent down so she could climb on his back as they trudged across a muddy river. she kissed his neck as a small thanks, nuzzling into his warm body.

"i think it's called lycanthropy. it's the worst, but only once a month." kida and scott both tilted their heads in confusion, scott's expression being more worried than confused, but kida was just plain confused.

"is that a fancy word for periods?"