twenty !

ૂ   ⋆   ゚ ✰   ༅  ✶

ATLANTIS

........................................

𝗮𝗰𝘁 𝗼𝗻𝗲 — twenty
»↷ 020. WHEN IM HUMAN
🈲 🆘 🈴

"alright genuises, listen up." kida pushed herself next to scott in the locker room, the boy's forlorn expression making her frown instantly. stiles took a seat next to her, displaying his maroon 'twenty four' jersey, one that she loved stealing even though she had her own. her number was seven, a number she had always held dear.

"due to the recent pinkeye epidemic, thank you greenberg, the following people have made first line on a probationary basis. emphasis on the word probationary." at hearing this, kida wrapped her hand around stiles' bicep, her heart rate picking up ever so slightly. she ignored the first list of names, waiting for stiles' to be read out.

"kida, i'm putting you in tonight, sweetheart." she smiled gratefully at the coach, making stiles squeeze her hand in excitement for his girl. "for the love of crap, i can't even read my own writing. what is that, an s? no no, that's a b." stiles got excited at the mention of an s, making kida stand in excitement to, only to be let down by a b.

"rodriguez, nadakh, taylor and...bilinski." he two best friends threw themselves up in excitement, stiles lifting kida off of the ground and spinning her around. as he dropped her to the floor, their eyes locked, staying like that for a few seconds. she pulled away, awkwardly straightening out her uniform and sitting down. "bilinski. shut up."

stiles sat down beside kida, who was glaring at danny and jackson for laughing at her boy. she raised her middle finger to jackson, grinning when danny started sniggering behind him. "stiles." scott had spoke up for the first time this morning. "it's biles. call me biles or i swear to god i'll kill you." kida let out a chuckle, her excitement getting the better of her when she saw how happy stiles was.

"another thing. immediately, we're switching to co captains. congratulations mccall." jackson stood towards coach, questioning his decision to put the two of them together to be captains. "jackson, this takes nothing away from you. this is about taking your unit, mccall's unit, we're making one big unit. mccall, it's you and jackson now. everybody else, asses on the field."

"dude, can you believe this? you're a captain, me and kida are first line. i'm first freaking line." kida smiled gently at his enthusiasm, leaning over to ruffle his buzzcut and kiss his cheek. "i'll be back in a minute." she said, making the two boys look wary at where she was sneaking off to, but nodded nonetheless. as stiles' eyes lingered on her leaving figure, scott nudged his shoulder gently, giving him a knowing smile. "why are you smiling like that?" his confused look only gathered more when scott carried on walking, ignoring the boy.

"you like kida." scott's teasing smirk never moved from his lips as he stared at his best friend, nudging his shoulder again as he looked around. "what? no-no i don't." stiles spluttered to deny his best friend's claims, thinking about if he really did like their female counterpart. "yes you do. you look at her in the same way i look at allison. you're not in love with lydia. you're in love with kida." stiles shook his head, holding a hand up to scott to continue arguing against his claims.

"if you don't tell her how you feel, another lacrosse player's gonna steal her away. you don't see how taylor looks at her? like he wants to push her down on the benches and do her right there? you're gonna lose your chance man." this set off a spark in stiles' chest, the thought of kida being with anyone other than him made him feel sick to his stomach. if he didn't tell kida that he liked her, she'd end up with another lacrosse player, one that actually played in the games. "stiles...tell her." he needed her to know. to understand that it wasn't lydia he was in love with, but her. for a long time.

"i'll be back."