CH 17- Going Home

Adelaine POV-

As Nate drives down the road to his house, I get more and more anxious.

What if we are too much to handle? What if he decides he no longer likes us? How am I going to explain our situation? What if his friends don't like us? Will he kick us out? What if...

My overthinking is interrupted as Nathan pulls into a long driveway and says something like 'we're here,' but I can't even think right now.

"This is your house? Nathan, this is not a house. This is a mansion on top of a mansion." I say breathlessly. 

I mean I knew he was rich, but this? Oh gosh, how could I have even let him step foot in our tiny shack of a house. I'm so embarrassed. 

"Umm, ya this is my house. I mean it's big, sure, but I wouldn't call it a mansion." Nate says, sounding a little confused about why I'm in such a state of shock.

"No sir, that's not big. That's like the white house gigantic." I say, only exaggerating a little. 

"Come on Angel. Let's get inside so I can blow your mind a little more." He says with a wink and a chuckle, then gets out of the truck. 

He comes around and opens my door, and seeing I'm still in shock, grabs my waist and lifts me down. The second I feel his strong arms around me, I snap out of my state and begin walking to the massive front door. Stopping at the door, I wait for Nate to open it and watch my siblings' making the same face I did. 

"WOAHHH!" Dylan and Katie say at the same time, running into the house once it's opened. 

I watch them run in opposite directions, Dylan up the stairs and Katie to some room off to the left, as Wyatt slowly follows them, looking just as shocked. 

"OC, this is so cool! Lainey, check out the size of this TV." Wyatt absent mindedly says as he continues to walk through the house.  

I hear Nate chuckle beside me as he puts his hand on my lower back, pushing me forward to close the door. 

"I love how excited you guys are, but I feel a bit embarrassed now. I mean I know we have money and all but I usually don't like to boast about it. The only reason we have this huge house is because my mom loves to host parties." Nate says, not taking his hand off my back.

"You're embarrassed? Nate, I can't believe I let you step foot into our run-down home. Gosh, if I had known.." I express my concern, but am interrupted my Nathan as he takes my face in his hands and looks down at me.

"Stop Angel. Don't do that. There is absolutely nothing for you to be embarrassed about. Honestly, I didn't even notice what your home looked like, just that I knew it was filled with love by you and your siblings. This is just a house, but you and your siblings make any place a home. I'd say that's a hell of a lot more important than having a movie theater and two pools." He says with total sincerity. 

I have no clue how to reply to that? I do know that when he finished, my heart was about to beat out of my chest and the butterflies in my stomach fluttered faster than I thought possible.

He's a really good guy. 

Since I don't know how to reply, I just decide to change the topic. 

"You have a movie theater and two swimming pools?" I ask, my mouth slightly agape. 

I just watch him shake his head and chuckle before releasing my face and placing his hand back in its original position. He begins to guide me through the house, giving me the grand tour. 

Basically, his house is three stories with a ton of rooms on each level. The second story has the grand entryway that leads to the main living room, kitchen, and back deck. If you turn there's a few rooms and bathrooms along with a home office and laundry room. Out back they have one of their pools, an outside bar, a huge deck, grill, and other assorted 'backyard' stuff. 

Upstairs holds about 4 different bedrooms, not including the master (although they all look like master suites) and 3 bathrooms. Another door towards the back, leads to their indoor swimming pool. On the first floor is like a fancy basement. It holds a small movie theater room, game room, and they even have their own bar down there. Nate said that was the main party area. 

Is it wrong to be in love with a house? Because I definitely think I am.

After my siblings and I get all our snooping out of our systems, we head into the kitchen to get a snack before unpacking. 

"Ok, guys. So for room arrangements, I know twins like to sleep together, so you guys can have the bunk bed room. Wyatt, I figured you would take the blue room off at the opposite end because it has the biggest TV. And Lainey, you can have the room next to mine. It's a bit more girly and my mom likes to call it a 'princess suite' so I figure you'll be pretty comfortable in there." Nate says nonchalantly after everyone finished their apples and cheese. 

"Woah, no way. I get my own room. Cool, thanks OC." Wyatt says before grabbing his bag and running off to 'his' room. I hear Nate chuckle, so I turn to him.

"What? I figured this was how the rooms were situated at your house. Am I wrong? I mean the twins can each have their own room if they want." He says giving me a confused look. 

"No, it's not that. They're fine. Actually, well, those three had to share a room at my uncle's house, so Wyatt never really had any alone time."

"Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't know. Gosh, I'm being really insensitive." He says, looking guilty.

"No, no. You did nothing wrong. I actually chose the room situations because it worked out best for everyone in the house." I say, not elaborating on what I mean. 

Of course, seeing his confused face, Dylan decides to help and elaborate for me.

"Ya, Lainey's room was really really small and I didn't like it very much. Our room was pretty big and cool. She gave us that room because it was the farthest from the biggest room." Dylan starts.

"Yeppers, I was sad I didn't get to stay with Lainey, but she was just trying to keep us away from the big bad man." Katie finishes for him. 

Oh dear lord, these kids are definitely going to be the death of me. 

I turn to see Nathan looking at me with a mix of sorrow, confusion, and anger on his face; although, I'm guessing the anger is directed more towards the 'big bad man' than to me. Realizing there is no way I can get out of this, I let out a sigh and open my mouth to begin lying but am interrupted before I can get a word out.

"Yo OC. Why's there a bunch of duffels in your entry way?" I hear a deep voice ask.

I turn towards the sound just as a group of four people walk into the kitchen, but stop when they see Katie, Dylan, and I. 

"Oh, Sorry man, didn't realize you had company over." The same voice says.

Oh my, time to meet the friends.