CH 31- Friday Night Lights

Adelaine POV-

"Give me your broken soul and I'll fix it, Angel."

Nathan's whispered words keep running through my head as I get ready for the football game. I don't think he meant for me to hear them, but he will never know how much I needed them. 

You can trust him. He won't break you further. 

I need to tell him everything. I trust him enough and I know he will never do anything to hurt me. How did I fall in love with this man so fast?

You said love!

I did? I did. Gosh, I'm in love with Nathan O'Conner. 

Now, how the hell are you going to tell him? 

Oh my. I have no clue. 

Ignoring the fact that I'm having conversations with myself, I keep preparing for the game.  I quickly finish curling my hair into soft waves and putting the red and blue ribbon in it. After finishing my makeup and pulling on Nathan's extra jersey with some ripped jeans, I head out to meet up with my family. We all walk out to Nate's big truck, climb in, and drive off to the game. As everyone talks around me, I just keep thinking about what my crazy brain has come up with. 

Tonight, I will let Nathan break down my walls. Tonight, I tell him everything. 

___________________

"And another great pass from number 4, Wyatt Scott. Wyatt is one of two freshmen to be on the Texas Bay varsity team and it is being shown why here tonight, folks. With number 4 in the quarterback position, our very own Nathan O'Conner is running the ball all the way for another touchdown." 

"WOHOOOOO!"

"OC, OC, OC"

"GO FRESHIE"

I clap and cheer along with the rest of the crowd as I see Wyatt run into the end zone to celebrate with Nate. My boys are on fire tonight! After the first half, the team was up by so much that the coach put Nate as running back and Wyatt in as quarterback. Those two are absolutely killing it. It's the end of the third quarter and Texas Bay is up 35-0. 

I look down at the field again and see Wyatt and Nate looking up into the stands. I quickly pick up Dylan, while Candace holds Katie and we all start waving our hands like crazy. I can tell the second they see us because both of their faces light up and Wyatt sends us a wave before turning back to the game. Nate stays facing us and gives me a wink and blows me a kiss. A couple of girls around me sigh, probably thinking it was for them. Little do they know that man is all mine.

After we set the twins back down, I hear the crowd erupt again as we steal the ball and put it out of bounds. I watch the offensive line go back out and hear Candace let out a loud whistle.

"Woohoo there's my sexy man. Go number 40." She yells out to Keith, who points to her before running out onto the field. 

"Dang. I didn't know football games could be this fun. This is definitely a lot more different than Wyatt's old peewee league that I used to watch." I yell at Candace to be heard over the crowd. 

My mind goes to a memory of my parents and I sitting at Wyatt's game. My dad can be heard coaching from the sidelines while my mom is cheering everyone on. My mom was the definition of a soccer mom. She always had the 'Football Mom' t-shirts on and was always carrying a tub of orange slices for after the game. They were a hoot to watch because sometimes my dad would get too carried away and mom would force him to sit in the chair. It was really funny because my dad would try to get up but immediately stop when my mom sent him her famous death glare.