Thirteen

Chapter Thirteen| Camil
🥀

I walk into the coffee shop and smile as I see Angel standing behind the counter. She looks up and smiles gently at me.

There are only a couple of customers in here, considering she's closing in less than half an hour. I walk up to her and look through the menu.

"Hi." She whispers nervously and I stare into her beautiful brown eyes. Her hair is up in her usual high ponytail and her glasses frame her face perfectly.

She's so cute.

"Hi, baby." I whisper and she looks at the ground smiling.

"What would you like to order?" She questions, playing with the ends of her hair. "Hot chocolate?"

I nod my head. "Go on then." I watch as she turns and begins to make my drink. I can't help but stare at her ass in her high waisted jeans.

Stop Camil.

"Whipped cream?" She questions with her back to me and I gulp.

"Sure."

"Marshmallows?" I can hear the humour in her voice.

"Why don't you put yourself on top whilst you're at it?" I smirk and she turns around to throw me a playful glare. "I've missed you." I whisper and this time she full turns around and sighs.

"It's only been a day, Cam." She smiles and I shrug my shoulders handing her a ten pound note.

"Keep the change." I pick up the hot chocolate and take a sip while winking at her.

She smiles and then I watch as she looks behind me and a frown forms on her face.

"What is it?" I question, putting the cup down and turn to look out the window.

"This guy has been walking past the shop all day." She says and I furrow my eyebrows.

"What's he wearing?" I ask her as I continue to stare out the window.

"Black hoodie, black jeans. I can't see his face but it's creeping me out because I've been open for eight hours." She whispers.

"Close up." I tell her.

"But my customers." She whispers.

I do the job for her, ushering the customers out of the shop while she pouts at me. The customers give me a weird look and who can blame them when a tall guy like myself, covered in tattoos is standing in the middle of a coffee shop which is covered in pastel pink colours.

It's a contrast.

"I don't want to scare you, Angel but I'm pretty sure I think I know who it is." And my thoughts are correct when I see the same car that shot at me, parked across the street.

"Who?" She asks and I look at her and by the look on her face she already knows. "H-He's not dead? How long have you known he was alive?" She whispers, her eyes beginning to water.

"Not long. I didn't want to worry you." I admit and she sighs, nodding her head slowly. "He was the one that shot at me the other day." Her eyes widen.

"All these years I've been thinking I'm safe from him." Angel whimpers and I rush over to her pulling her into a tight hug.

"You're safe with me, I promise." I whisper, kissing the top of her head. "I won't let anything bad happen to you or Lauren."

"He's dangerous, Camil." She looks up at me and I smirk.

Before I can respond to her I hear the loud sound of tyres skidding and I spin around to see the black car speeding off.

Angel begins to sniffle behind me so I turn back around to see her silently crying.

"I-I don't want to be alone, Hayley is going out of town for a month a-and Lauren and I will be alone." She panics and I hush her.

"It's okay, baby. You can stay with me, I know we planned on not seeing each other as often but with Maxim on the loose, the safest place for you and little Lauren is with me." I say while comforting her and she nods her head against my chest.

"Thank you, Cam." She whispers and I respond by kissing her forehead.

"Lauren at school?" Angel nods. "Let's go and pick her up." I help her close up and tell her to wait as I check our surroundings before leading her to my car.

She playfully rolls her eyes as I put her seatbelt on. I smirk giving her a quick peck on the lips before making my way to the drivers side.

"Well us staying apart didn't last long." She jokes and I chuckle.

"We are just meant to be." I grin.

She gives me the directions to the school and shortly after I'm pulling up outside. I decide to go in with her to collect Lauren as I can tell she is worried.

She jumps a little when I grab her hand but gives me a warm smile. I realise that a lot of mothers begin to stare at the two of us with wide eyes and then start to whisper.

I roll my eyes and lean down to kiss Angel's forehead.

"Guess I'll be the topic of discussion in their group chat." Angel sighs tiredly and I furrow my eyebrows.

"They're jealous." Angel scoffs and I frown.

"Doubt it, I'm a single mother, look at me, Camil, I'm a mess. Why would they be jealous?" I find myself getting slight angry at her words.

She doesn't realise how breathtakingly beautiful she is.

"Don't say shit like that in front of me, Angel. You're beautiful, I don't want you saying otherwise, those women who are gossiping are probably in a unhappy marriage where the husbands are fucking someone else half their age." I scoff and her eyes widen.

"True." She shrugs and I smile at her. "Plus I've got you." She winks and my heart warms.

"You sure do, baby." I whisper, caressing her cheek. "You've got me for as long as you want me and I hope it's a long time."

"Of course." She grins.

She turns her back to me in search for Lauren and I can't help but smile to myself.

Even with everything going ok, I've never felt so happy as much as I do now.

A/N
Aww cuties 🖤