Twenty-One

Chapter Twenty-One| Camil
🥀

I'm so proud of you.

Those words play on repeat in my mind.

The kiss she left on my cheek before she got out of my car still lingers and I can't help but smile gently.

However, reality washes over me as I sit in my car outside my warehouse which holds the piece of shit that hurt my girl.

I pick up the gun that lays on the passenger seat and climb out of my car and begin my walk into the building. I walk down a set of stairs and can already hear the screams of Maxim as Jay tortures him.

Out of nowhere I shoot a random bullet, causing everything to go silent. Maxim looks at me with wide eyes and then his face hardens.

"Where the fuck is Angel?" I walk over to him and slap him round the face.

"Don't let her name fall out of your mouth ever again. Do you understand me?" I shout and he smirks.

"I already know you're gonna kill me." He chuckles. "You're not getting anything from me."

"Is that so, Maxim?" I smile and yank his hair back, maintaining eye-contact with him. "How's your mother?" I whisper and his smile falls.

"Dont you dare fucking touch a hair on her head!" I laugh at his panic. "I'm warning you, Camil."

"And I'm warning you! If you don't start telling me what the fuck you want from me and my girl I will make sure that the guy I've got plotted outside her house shoots her right in her old skull." I grit my teeth, pulling his head further back.

"Fuck. You. You fucking druggy." He seethes and I release a deep breath.

"Yes. Maybe I am a druggy, Maxi. But at least I'm not a dead man, isn't that right my friend?" I beam and he stares at me with wide eyes.

"You're fucking psychotic." He whispers and I stroke the stubble on my face.

"Tell me something I don't already know, Maxi." I say and he growls. "Woah, calm down, Maxi." Jay can't help but release a laugh.

"Shut up, Cammy." Maxim retorts and humour leaves my body.

"That name is reserved for my nieces, so shut the fuck up." I shoot him in his leg, making him cry out. "Now you better start talking, Maxim or I will start ripping your teeth out."

•••

"Fuck you!" Maxim yells, spitting out blood.

"I could do this all day!" I pick up a hammer and walk back over to the battered man.

I smash the hammer against his kneecap, the sickening crunch filling my ears as he begins to cry, tears streaming down his face.

"I love her!" He cries out and I freeze, looking at him in disgust.

"You love her? So that's why you battered her black and blue, made her run for her life because she was so frightened of men?! She had your child, a beautiful little girl who you don't deserve!" I hit his other knee.

"She owes me a lot of money! I gave that bitch everything, a roof over her head, food on the table and she had the audacity to leave me!" He snarls and my mind begins to go crazy.

"She was scared of you, she didn't want to be with you. Why aren't you getting that through your thick skull?!" I throw my arms up in the air.

"She came to me, you know. She was homeless and helpless, her parents were dead and her sister was in a different country. If it wasn't for me she wouldn't be where she is now, I had to give her a beating every now and then to remind her who owns her. Me." He smirks and I feel bile begin to rise in my throat.

This sick piece of shit.

"Why were you threatening her at her shop?" I question.

"Like I said, I own her." He shrugs. "I'm trying to take her back to Russia with me, where she and my daughter belong." I scoff at his words.

"She's going nowhere because I promise you in the next couple hours you'll be dead." I threaten.

"You came along and caused problems, Camil. I tried to get rid of you, break the two of you up but somehow you're still fucking around." He spits more blood out, looking ready to fall out of consciousness.

"Angel's my girl, she always will be and Little Lauren....well she's my daughter now. Not yours." I smirk and watch as anger etches onto his face and he begins to pull against his restraints.

"I don't want my little girl anywhere near a druggy like you!" He spits.

"What's her favourite colour?" I tilt my head.

"Erm....I dunno, pink?"

"Wrong. It's blue. She prefers Bratz dolls over Barbie, she can only sleep when her nightlight is on and she wants to be a vet because she loves cats. When they move in with me I will get her a cat because from now on she's my child and I will take care of her. Something you haven't done." I rub my hands together.

"Fuck you!" He throws his head back and clenches his fists together. "Rot in fucking hell, you piece of fucking shit."

"Well, I'll see you there when it's my time." I wink before holding my gun up and shooting him in the head.

"So he really just was a crazy ex." Jay sighs, wrapping up the last of his body.

"It's funny. He made himself out to be some top dog but he was just weak and pathetic. Abusing my Angel to make himself seem powerful." I scoff, cleaning my knife and gun.

"So what are you going to do now, with Angel?" He asks and I bite my lip.

"I've got a long way to go, with therapy and all. I'm going to ask to meet her tomorrow to talk things out, start out slow." I nod.

•••

I bite my lip nervously as I sit in Angel's coffee shop. She's just closed up and is out the back.

She told me to wait a few minutes and I'm nervous as fuck.

So nervous.

After a couple minutes she walks out and I admire her in her yellow summer dress, her high ponytail and the glasses that frame her gorgeous face.

"Hello, baby." I say as she takes a seat and she smiles gently.

"I won't ask what happened with Maxim." She whispers gently and I slowly nod my head. "Whatever you've done with him, I appreciate it." She says to my surprise.

"I want to talk about what happened to us that night, how sorry I am. I wasn't in a good place and I can't help but regret how I believed that piece of shit over you, my sweet girl." I grab hold of her hand and give her a gentle smile. "I want you to know that I love you and Lauren so much, you both mean so much to me."

Angel's eyes begin to water.

"Camil." She whispers. "I can't-"

My heart drops.

A/N
An i oop🤭🖤