Four

Chapter Four| Camil
🥀

"You know, maybe we could go somewhere else. Are you not a bit cold?" I question and watch as Angel casually begins to glide on the ice.

I stay on the side and gulp.

"Come on, it will be fun." She skates back over to me and then tilts her head at me. "Oh." Realisation etches onto her face.

"This is really embarrassing." I sigh and look away from her.

"Hey, it's okay." She grins and holds her hands out for me. "I think it's cute." She smiles and my heart warms.

"I don't usually do all this kind of stuff." Probably because I'm always killing someone that's pissed me off.

"Camil, you should of said. I wouldn't of cared if we did something different, if you want we can go." I shake my head at her offer.

I never want to disappoint her.

I step onto the ice, still clutching tightly to the sides. "Fuck!" I grit my teeth and I watch a she bites her lip.

She's trying not to laugh.

"Take my hands." She encourages and I do. I tower over her, she can only be around five foot six. "It's okay." She reassures me and begins to skate back.

I begin to move along with her but end up losing my footing, not only do I fall on my arse but I take her down with me. She falls onto my front and stares down at me with wide eyes.

"Shit, Angel, I'm so sorry." I clench my eyes in frustration.

"It's fine, don't worry." She smiles and helps me up. "Let's go somewhere else, I don't want you to feel uncomfortable." We make our way off of the ice rink.

A sigh of relief escapes my lips when I put my shoes back on.

"You know you didn't have to say yes to make me happy, I would of been happy just to go for a walk in the park." Angel speaks up beside me, adjusting the scarf around her neck.

"I am sorry." I apologise again and she sighs gently.

"You don't need to be sorry, you did nothing wrong." She whispers, staring up at me.

I look down at her plump lips that are covered in lipgloss and gulp.

They are looking really kissable right now.

"We could go and get a drink." She speaks up and I blink, looking into her mesmerising brown eyes. "Would you like that?" She blinks innocently and I stop the groan that wants to escape my lips.

"Come on." I nod my head and grab hold of her hand, my heart pounds in my chest when she tightens her hand around my own.

I continue to notice her checking her surroundings. The way she moves away from men who walk past too close but here she is with me, her hand clutching onto mine.

It fills me with pride that she feels safe with me, it only makes me want to protect her even more.

We make it to a bar and take a seat in a booth, we both order our drinks and get comfortable

"How have you been?" Her question throws me off guard and I furrow my eyebrows.

"I've been okay." I nod.

Have I though?

"Have you really?" She tilts her head and I bite my lip. It's like she can see through my lies.

I shake my head.

"Not really." I sigh, resting my back against the seat. "Shit I'm sorry, you must think I'm a mess." I rub my face in frustration and watch as she gives me a small smile.

"No-ones perfect, we all have our flaws." She says gently. "It's okay if you're not okay, Camil."

"What about you? How have you been?" She nods and smiles.

"I'm a lot better than I was before, thanks to Marnie. She really is amazing." She speaks up and I nod my head.

"That woman really is something else." I smile gently. "I'm lucky to have her as a sister in law. Look, I hope you don't mind me asking but where have you been these past three years?"

"I had to escape my ex." She whispers, nibbling on her bottom lip. "Marnie helped me, there was this place for women who have escaped their abusers."

I can't help but stand up and go to take a set right next to her. She turns to face me and smiles.

"Is this piece of shit, Lauren's dad?"

"Yes." She plays with her fingers. "He's dead though, that's why I came back a year ago. I live with my older sister."

"Hayley?" I question.

"Yes. She lived in Australia for about ten years but when she found out what happened to me she came back. Our parents are dead so she's all I have." I grab hold of her hand and interlace our fingers.

"You're not scared of me anymore. What's changed?" I furrow my eyebrows at her.

"Marnie, she convinced me that you're not a bad person, not that I thought you were it's just you do look a little intimidating." I chuckle as she looks away in embarrassment. "I had to focus on myself and Lauren before I could come back but I had little hope that I would see you again."

"You wanted to see me again?" I ask, my eyes widening as I raise my eyebrows.

"Yes." She says timidly. "Sorry if that came across weird." She laughs nervously.

A waitress comes along with our drinks, we thank her before resuming back to our conversation.

"It's not weird at all, I'm really glad you wanted to see me. I was beginning to lose hope these past three years that I wouldn't see you again." I make a bold move and wrap my arm around her shoulders, she tenses a little but quickly relaxes.

"Are you not put off that I have a daughter?" I frown.

"Of course not."

"How old are you?"

"Thirty, yourself?"

"Twenty-three."

"You really are an amazing woman, Angel. You have your own coffee shop, a child and you're still so young." I praise and her face brightens.

"What do you do?" I freeze at her question.

Fuck.

"I'm a businessman." She slowly nods her head and goes to take a sip of her cocktail.

"We should do this again sometime." Angel beams and I don't hesitate to nod my head.

"Definitely, baby."

A/N
Awww our little baby Camil so cute 🥺

NEW BOOK
I literally made this book an hour ago lol, I'm so bored. Feel free to have a look and let me know if you are interested in it🖤

 Feel free to have a look and let me know if you are interested in it🖤