One

Chapter One| Camil
🥀

There's no stability in my life.

I'm a mess.

One massive fuck up.

It's been like that my whole life and I can't see it getting any better. I'm destined to be alone.

I'm a murderer, I'm not a good person. Any sane person would stay clear of me if they found out what I did for a living. Cyrus once said that I'm a ticking time bomb and even though he said afterwards he didn't mean it, I knew deep down it was true.

I am a ticking time bomb.

I was fifteen when I took my first drug. It numbed the pain from the beatings I'd get from my so called dead dad.

He messed me up mentally to the point that I don't really know what it's like to be loved from someone other than my family.

I sigh staring at the entrance of the warehouse. "Fuck sake." I mutter, climbing out of my Range.

I adjust my suit jacket and make my way into the cold warehouse.

"Cam." My best friend Jay nods and I nod back.

"What's happened?" I question him as I follow the trail of blood and find some guy tied to a chair with a black eye and blood trailing down his nose.

"Caught him beating his girl in an alley." My jaw clenches as I stare at the man intensely.

"Is that so?" I raise my eyebrows at him and the guy frantically shakes his head.

"No, no, no. It's a misunderstanding, please don't hurt me!" He cries and I look at him in disgust.

"You know people like you are scum. Beat women down to make themselves feel better." I shrug my jacket off and roll my sleeves up.

"W-What are you going to do to me?" The pathetic man whimpers.

I smirk.

"You scared?" I raise my eyebrows.

"Please man, I'll do anything." He pleads and I shut him up by punching him in the face, the rings on my fingers slicing his cheek.

"I don't like you." I shrug. "So yeah, I'm gonna hurt you, man." I mock him and he throws his head back in defeat.

"Look she deserved it okay, she was talking shit about me. She was disrespecting me." He really should of kept his mouth shut.

"So you hit her? Because you can't take a couple insults?" I tilt my head and look at him in disbelief.

"The girl is actually in hospital with a broken collar bone." Jay informs me.

"What did she say to you?" I question the piece of shit, rubbing the stubble on my face.

"Said I don't do shit for her, she said I'm useless." He scoffs and I laugh.

"That's it? You broke her collar bone because of that. Well I don't think she was wrong." I walk up to him and effortlessly break his collar bone.

He cries out and I laugh.

"Not nice is it? That's only the beginning my friend."

•••

I stare up outside Cyrus' and Marnie's new house. He left the apartment for me but I haven't been back for a few years. I haven't seen any of my family for three years.

He's messaged me everyday but I chose to ignore him. I didn't need the burden of him being disappointed in me, I didn't need Marnie thinking bad of me because I'm snorting cocaine up my nose now and then.

I didn't want to harm my nieces.

They probably don't even know who I am and they probably wouldn't want to anyway.

I take a deep breath and exit the car. I begin my walk up the long driveway, I'm not surprised they're living in this big fuck off mansion. Cyrus wouldn't want Marnie in anything less.

I wish I had someone to treat, to make someone feel as special as Cyrus makes Marnie.

The lights are on inside so I know that they're in. I hesitate knocking on the door.

What if they don't want to see me?

I gulp and raise my shaky hand before knocking.

Ten seconds later the door is flying open to reveal Marnie.

A pregnant Marnie.

She looks up at me with wide eyes.

"Cam?" She whispers with water eyes. "Cam! Oh my God, it's really you!" She exclaims, pulling me into a tight hug. "Where the fuck have you been?!" She pulls back and stares at me, placing her hands on her hips.

I awkwardly scratch the back of my head.

"Pretty baby, who is it?" I hear my brother call out and then he emerges and his eyes widen.

"Bro?" He whispers and I just nod. "Come here." He pulls me into a tight hug and I sigh, wrapping my arms around him. "Fuck, I've missed you!" He mutters and I clench my eyes shut.

"You're not angry with me?" I pull back and look at him.

"Why would I be?" He furrows his eyebrows.

"I've been gone for three years, Cyrus."

"You're a grown man, Camil. I mean yeah it would of been nice for you to send at least one message but I know what you're like, you're my little brother." He smiles and I slowly nod my head and step into the house.

"This is nice." I look around the cosy, family home.

"You're always welcome here, Cam." Marnie rubs my arm and I smile. "We've missed you."

"Uncle Camil!" I spin around and my eyes widen at the little girls running towards me. I look at Cyrus and Marnie.

"T-They know who I am?" I stutter, confused on how they would remember who I was, the last time I held them they were only babies.

"Of course they do!"

"It's me, Camila!" One of them squeals, they are so identical if it wasn't for the mole on the side of Camila's cheek I wouldn't know which one was who.

I crouch down in front of them.

"Did that hurt?" Camila pokes the tattoo just underneath my eye.

"Cammy, no! You've got to stop poking people." Marnie scolds and I chuckle.

"It's fine and no it didn't." I answer the little girl's question.

"Don't be getting any ideas, Camila." Cyrus frowns and I smirk.

It's good to be back.

A/N
First chapter, what did you guys think? I've got a lot planned 🖤