Five

Chapter Five| Camil
🥀

I stare at the dead body on the ground and wipe the blood from my cheek.

"Sort him out, Jay." I mutter, walking over to a near by table and picking up the necklace that I always keep on me.

I clasp it round my neck and throw my suit jacket on.

"Where are you going? We've got a meeting with that Russian guy later." My best friend questions.

"Look I'll be back in time, I've got places to be." I tell him and he nods his head. "See you later." I say, while exiting the warehouse.

"Don't be late!" He yells and I roll my eyes.

Soon after I am sitting in Angel's coffee shop waiting for her to close up. She always manages to look so effortlessly beautiful.

She walks over to me with a smile on her face and a cupcake covered in pink frosting in her hand. I watch as she places it in front of me and I raise my eyebrows at her.

"For you." She grins, playing with her hands.

God she's so fucking cute.

"Thank you." I wink and she smiles brightly, nodding her head before turning back round.

I eat the cupcake and moan and how it good it tastes.

Half an hour later we are in my car on our way to another date.

"So what have you been up to today?" Angel questions and I try not to cringe at the question.

"Nothing much." Except kill a man for stealing from me.

"Aw that's a shame, well at least we can hang out now." I take a quick glance at her and smile as she rests her head against the head rest while staring out the window. "Where are we going?"

"I'm taking you to dinner." I tell her.

"Great, I'm starving." I chuckle at her and she pouts.

"How is little Lauren?" I ask and her eyes widen. It's like she's almost amazed that I asked about her daughter.

Lauren is a huge part of her life and I respect that.

"She's good, she's actually been asking about you."This time my own eyes widen.

"Really?" She nods her head with a small smile on her face.

"She's says you're her knight in shining armour because you saved her when she went missing." She playfully rolls her eyes and I grin.

"What can I say?" I winks and we both laugh.

We pull up to the restaurant and I hear her gasp. I switch the engine off and turn to face her.

"This place is very expensive, Camil. Let's go somewhere else." She pleads and I shake my head.

"I'm paying so it doesn't really matter." I unbuckle her seatbelt and my own before climbing out of the car and walking over to her side to open the door.

We enter the restaurant and I jump a little when she takes my hand in hers.

I'm really not used to all of this affection but I'm not complaining, if Angel wants to hold my hand she is more than welcome.

She steps out and thanks me with a small smile. I watch as she looks around the restaurant, amazed.

I booked a table in a more secluded area so she so doesn't feel uncomfortable. The table is more like a little booth, so we both sit next to each other, facing the city lights of London.

A sigh of relief escapes her lips and she rests her head on my shoulder, making my heart warm.

"It's really pretty out there, all of those lights." She whispers and I nod my head, staring down at her.

"Really pretty." I repeat her words, mesmerised by her easy going nature. She giggles lifting her head and looking at me in amusement. "What?" I smile, raising my eyebrows.

"Pretty? Doesn't seem like a word that would be in your vocabulary." She smirks and I grin.

"Well I've got you to blame then, haven't I?" I raise my eyebrows and she nods, smiling before resting her head back on my shoulder. "I feel like you're going to be a bad influence on me, Miss Angel."

"How come?" She pouts.

"Well you're feeding me pink little cupcakes and fluffing up my vocabulary, you might be too bad for me." I joke and she laughs lightly shaking her head.

"Well we better get the bill then and call this a day." I playfully roll my eyes at her. "You know, Lauren actually wants to see you again." Then she frowns and my heart races. "Actually don't worry about it, I don't mean to pressure you because I have a daughter."

"Angel. I'd love to spend time with you and your daughter." I reassure her and she stares at me in shock.

"Really?" She whispers, staring at me with cute wide eyes.

"Yes really, baby." She bites her lip and nods, looking away. "I also wanted to ask if you wanted to go and see Marnie sometime. She's been asking about you."

"I'd like that." She whispers, unconsciously playing with the rings around my fingers.

Then her eyes fall to the chain around my neck and her eyebrows furrow.

"It's yours." I confirm what she's already thinking. "That time in the café, you dropped the charm when you left so suddenly." She gulps and nods her head.

"Oh, right."

"You can have it back if you want." She shakes her head and smiles, reaching up to fiddle with the butterfly charm.

I love how affectionate she is being, she makes me crave it everyday now.

"It looks good around your neck." She whispers and I gulp as she stares up at me.

Fuck me.

I nod my head and soon the waitress comes along.

The evening goes smoothly and as we walk back to the car I groan when Jay starts blowing up my phone.

"I'm sorry, Angel. Something has come up."

"It's fine, I've had a lovely evening." She smiles.

I take her home and then answer my phone.

"He's here and I don't know how long he's going to wait before he shoots my head off." Jay whispers harshly down the phone and I roll my eyes.

"I'll be there soon."

I just want to go back and cuddle with Angel.

A/N
What do you guys think of Angel so far?🖤