Twenty-Four

Chapter Twenty-Four| Camil
🥀

"Congratulations, you're both having a little boy." The nurse tells us and my eyes begin to water and I look at my girl with a huge smile.

"We're having a mini Camil." She smirks and I chuckle lightly.

A mini me.

I watch as the nurse cleans the gel off of Angel's stomach. I then help Angel sit up, making sure not to hurt her.

I can't help but smile at her little bump. She's already four months.

My Angel looks so gorgeous as always. Her pregnancy glow enhances her beauty even more.

The nurse prints out the baby scan and hands us a few copies.

"Everything is looking all good, nothing to worry about as I know you were slightly concerned, Angel." The nurse smiles. "Just take things easy and you'll be fine."

"Thank you." Angel nods and I help her stand before we make our way out of the hospital.

I keep my arm wrapped around her waist just in case she trips over. "You good, baby?" I question her and she smiles nodding her head.

"I'm just a little sleepy." She whispers and I coo at how cute she looks.

"Okay, well we need to go and pick up Little Lauren from school and then we will make our way home so you can rest. Not long to go baby." I help her into the passenger seat and do her seatbelt for her. I give her one quick kiss before closing the door and making my way over to the drivers side.

As soon as we get to the school, I leave Angel in the car as she has already fallen asleep and go to collect Lauren. I walk past all the mothers that look at me with wide eyes, I roll my eyes when some of them try to push up their cleavage.

Some of them are old enough to be my mother.

"Cammy!" I grin when Lauren spots me and runs after me. I crouch down and as soon as she reaches me I lift her up into my arms. "I've missed you!" She smiles bright.

"I've missed you too little one." I pinch her cheeks, making her giggle.

"Wheres mummy?" She tilts her head, looking around for her mother.

"She's in the car, she's very tired so you need to be quiet when you get in the car, okay." She nods her head, doing a zipping motion against her lips.

I carry her back to the car, once we get to it, I open the back door and can't help but chuckle lightly when I see Angel is still in a deep sleep, her head resting against the tinted window.

"Shh!" I playfully wink at Lauren who tries to wink back before holding her finger against her mouth. I place Lauren in her car seat, putting her seatbelt on and make my way back into the car to begin our drive home.

As soon as we've made it back home I have to carry Angel up. I go straight to our bedroom and place her on the bed. She must be extremely tired because she didn't stir once, I even had to double check if she was breathing she was so still. 

My phone begins to ring loudly and I curse before rushing out of the room to answer it.

"Jay." I greet.

"Boss is here and he wants to see you." I clench my jaw at my best friend words.

"I don't do this shit anymore, I've got a family to think off." I grit my teeth and Jay sighs.

"Trust me, I told him that but he doesn't wanna listen. He wants to see you in person or he will go to you and I know you don't want him showing up on your doorstep-not with your kid and Angel."

"Fine. I'll be there in twenty. " I grumble, not happy that I have to leave my girls.

And I'm even more unhappy now I know I have to wake my baby from her nap. I clench my eyes shut before turning and making my way back into our bedroom.

She looks so beautiful and peaceful sleeping in the middle of the bed.

"Baby." I whisper, gently shaking her awake. My heart breaks when she opens her eyes to look at me tiredly. "I'm sorry to wake you, my love, but I need to go out."

"Why? Where?" She sits up and I help her. "Camil."

"Don't worry about it, I'll be back as soon as possible." I whisper, stroking her soft cheeks but she furrows her eyebrows.

"When you tell me not to worry about it, Camil, I'm going to worry about it." She grabs hold of my wrists and stares up at me in worry.

"I promise you, nothing bad will happen while I'm gone. Now go back to sleep, I'll make Lauren some food and sit her in front of a movie. I'll only be about an hour." I reassure her and she hesitates a bit before nodding her head and laying back down.

•••

"Camil." Jasper claps his hands as I walk in, a cigar between his thin wrinkled lips. I roll my eyes and look at Jay who looks ready to kill our boss already.

"What do you want?" I question straight away and he raises his eyebrows at me.

"What do I want?" He repeats my question. "What I want is to know why one of my best men has decided to call it quits? You out of all people should know you're stuck in this job, unless you want a bullet in your head." He begins to slowly walk over to me, his gun in his hand.

"I. Quit." I give him a tight lipped smile and look  down at the short, podgy man that made Jay and I corner boys when we were ten. Jasper is just as bad as my dead dad and considering they were good friends as well makes it all that worse.

"No you don't."

"Then kill me." I take his gun, his grip still tight on it and hold it up against my head. "Kill me."

He clenches his jaw and puts the gun down.

"If you quit then I'll kill your family." And just like that I take the gun from his hands and shoot him square in the head.

"No-one and I repeat no-one threatens my family and thinks they can get away with it." I snarl at his dead body before spitting on him.

"I saw that one coming." Jay laughs and I give him a blank look.

"You're in charge and I am officially out of this business."

A/N
ANNOUNEMENT
So I am planning my next book and I would like to tell you guys that it will be a dark romance BUT it's gonna be a ménage à trois 😏😏🖤