Two

Chapter Two| Camil
🥀

"Fuck sake." I huff as I make my way through the supermarket.

Marnie told me to fill the fridge back at the apartment, she's giving me a load of stuff to get because she thinks I'll die of starvation.

This is something I'm not used to doing, so I brought Jay with me. He's also moved in with me as well, I consider him family because we've been best friends since we were ten. He knows about everything I've been through.

"I'm kind of enjoying this." He beams next to me, pushing a trolley. I look at him with a frown because I know we look stupid.

Two men in suits, covered in tattoos, pushing a trolley around a supermarket.

"You're fucking weird." I scoff and he rolls his eyes while throwing a loaf of bread into the trolley.

"Hayley?!" We stop and turn around to see a little girl wondering the aisle with watery eyes. Her brown eyes land on us and she rushes over to us. "I c-can't find my Auntie Hayley, please help me." She sniffles, clutching her teddy bear to her chest.

"Oh, erm, sorry to hear that." Jay says beside me, scratching the back of his head. I furrow my eyebrows and punch his arm.

Idiot.

I crouch down in front of her and give her a warm smile.

She can't be any older than four.

"Please sir, can you help me find my Auntie Hayley." She pleads with her wide brown eyes. "You can keep my teddy bear, he's called Patch." She tries to push it into my hand but I shake my head.

"It's fine, I'll take you to customer service and they can call your Auntie on the tannoy." She nods her head and I stand up.

We begin our walk to the customer service desk and I jump when her small hand wraps around my finger. I look down at her and she gives me a small smile.

"My mummy has a bracelet like your necklace. It's pretty isn't it?" She beams and I freeze.

No it can't be.

Must just be a coincidence.

It has to be.

We get to the customer service desk and I inform them about the child missing her Auntie. They make an announcement on the tannoy and not soon after I hear a voice.

"Lauren!" I spin around and see a panicked black woman rushing towards the little girl. "Baby, I told you not to wonder off like that, your mummy would kill me if you went missing!"

"I'm sorry, Auntie Hayley." The little girl whimpers. "I didn't mean to, please don't tell mummy, I don't want to make her sad."

She looks up at me and her eyes widen, she slowly stands up from her crouched position and I watch as she gulps.

She must find me intimidating to look at.

Everyone usually does.

"Auntie, this man helped me." The little girl, who I now know as Lauren smiles brightly.

The woman continues to stare at me and then a small smile etches onto her face.

"Thank you." She whispers. "Angel would of killed me if I'd lost her little princess." She nervously laughs and I freeze.

Angel.

I gulp and slowly nod my head, giving her a tight-lipped smile.

"We should be going." Jay speaks up and I nod my head.

"Bye!" Lauren exclaims and I jump a little when she goes to hug my leg.

"Sorry, she's very affectionate. Like her mama." Hayley apologises and I awkwardly nod. The little girl pulls away and gives me a small wave before turning with her Auntie and walking away.

"I hate kids but she was cute, kind little thing." Jay smiles.

"She's not a thing, you dickhead."

I remember Marnie saying Angel had a baby girl three years ago, this can't be a coincidence.

"Wait a minute, didn't you meet a girl named Angel three years ago?" I clench my jaw and touch the silver chain around my neck.

"It's nothing, just drop it." I mutter.

•••

It's six in the evening and I've decided to go on a drive to clear my head. All I can think about is if that little girl was my Angel's, daughter.

I'm on the same high street where that coffee shop was but the difference is it's not named Heaven anymore.

It's called Angel.

I slam my breaks on and pull up on the double yellow lines.

My feet are moving before I can even comprehend and I make my way into the redecorated coffee shop. It's a lot brighter in here, the main colours seem to be pink and rose gold and there are pink flowers on the walls.

I look really out of place here

"Sorry, we're closing now, sir." A quiet voice says from behind me and I spin around and stumble back a little.

Angel.

She looks well.

Really well, I can't help but trail my eyes up and down her hour glass figure. She still manages to look cute and sexy at the same time, with the same glasses that sit comfortably on the bridge of her nose.

She has a pink apron wrapped around her and her hair is in her usual high ponytail.

"Camil?"

I'm frozen.

I can't move.

Her beauty has me mesmerised. She's awakened something inside me.

It's like she radiates warmth and love.

She's so beautiful.

I just want to wrap my fingers around her slender neck and kiss her.

"Are you okay?" I jump in shock as I feel her hand touch my arm. "Sorry, I didn't mean to startle you." Her eyes widen and she steps back from me, playing with her fingers.

"I-I need to go, sorry." I brush past her and out of the shop. I inhale the fresh air and rush back to my car. "Shit, shit, shit! You idiot Camil!" I groan, punching the steering wheel.

I've fucked it now.

She's going to think I'm a weirdo and want nothing to do with me.

I really am the biggest idiot.

A/N
And Angel has arrived 💁🏾‍♀️🖤