chapter 19: breck

Clyde's POV-

After Y/n's dad proposed to Cartman's mom, life was more depressing than usual. Y/n would come to school, mope around, barely talk to anyone, and not eat any of her food at lunch. Like, I'm one for taking my friends leftovers, but it's not bulking season. I was starting to get sick of it. Seeing Y/n (one of my closest friends) sad, was like seeing an abandoned puppy on the side of the road. You know? You want to help it and take it home and love it but you know that you can't! You have to let that puppy figure out it's shit. Right? I don't know, but long story short:
Y/n being sad was putting us all in a bad mood.

Everything seemed so boring, just like how it was before her family moved here. So I decided to cheer her up by renting a cabin in Breckinridge for the approaching long weekend.

On a snowy, November, Thursday night I barged into Y/n's house like always. Cam was sitting in his usual spot, playing his usual game. Mr. Rick was sitting at the island, doing some extra work. I sat next to him and whispered my weekend vacation idea to him. He loved the idea and sent me on up to talk to Y/n.

I walked past Eric's room and waved hi but only revived a middle finger in response. Slowly but surely, I was able to hear depressing music streaming from Y/n's room. I knocked at her door.

"Yeah, who is it?" She asked unenthused.

"It's your favorite person in the whole wide world!"

"Clyde?" She paused and turned her music down, "Clyde, get your butt in here."

I opened the door and saw Y/n laying in her disheveled bed. Clothes covered the floor and empty cereal bowls were scattered on her desk. She scooted over in her bed and left a space for me to sit.

"Damn, dude," I dusted some crumbs off her bed, "you live like this?"

"Shut up, Clyde. You know I've been going through it."

She sat up and wrapped her comforter around her.

"Why are you here?"

"What are you listening to? It sounds horribly depressing."

"It's not depressing, it's Twin Sized Mattress. It's lyrical genius, man...You didn't answer my question."

"Well we haven't seen each other in so long-"

"I saw you at school today." She interrupted me.

"I know! But we haven't like seen each other, hung out, or whatever, in so long. So I decided to get you something."

"Clyde, you didn't have to..."

"It wasn't just me, Red, Tweek, Bebe, Craig, Stan, Kyle, and Kenny all pitched in!"

Your POV-

"Stan, Kyle, and Kenny?" I asked, "I was for sure none of them wanted anything to do with me."

"Y/n, everyone loves you...shut up."

I knocked Clyde on the side of his head, "Okay, well what did y'all get me."

"We are leaving tomorrow to go on a ski trip to....BRECKENRIDGE !!!"

I shook my head, "Clyde, that's mean. Don't lie, what did y'all get me?"

"I'm being for real! We leave tomorrow after school!"

"Wha? Does Dad know?"

"Y/n! Get packing!"

"But-" I stuttered, "But I don't even know how to ski. I'll only drag you guys behind...Go without me, I don't want to be a bummer."

Clyde stood up and yanked me out of bed.