chapter 5: first day

-your POV-

Stan and I froze in our tracks, not knowing what to do. Clyde waved his hand in front of our eyes in an effort to break our trance.

"Y/n? Stan? You good?" Clyde said to the both of us.

Stan spoke first, "So it really is you," he looked me up and down. A girl walked up to Stan and slid her hand up to his shoulder. She was very tall and stunningly pretty. She looked very intimidating to say the least.

"Stan! I told you to meet me in front of Ms. Blackburn's room! ugh you're such a dork," she squeezed his shoulder with her freshly manicured hand. She looked at me and smiled with her perfect teeth, "Oh! Sorry, I'm guessing you're new here. My name is Wendy."

Oh. Wendy. I smiled back at her, "Hi, Wendy. I'm Y/n, nice to meet you," I glanced back at Stan, "See you later, Stan."

I turned on my heels and rushed to the nearest girls bathroom. Clyde ran after me but I sped away from him and made a sharp turn into the ladies room. I walked to the sink and grabbed its sides. What the fuck just happened. There's no way. No. No, no, this is just a really fucked up dream. I was so caught up in my thoughts that I didn't even hear the restroom's door open. A girl with bright red hair walked through the door. She was wearing a black sweatshirt and a red plaid tennis skirt, her music was blaring in her earbuds. Huh, she's listening to The Cure. She walked into the biggest stall. There was silence for a moment and then I heard a cracking noise. Damn. I would kill for a buzz right now.

I walked up to the stall she was in and knocked, "Hey, sorry if this is super awkward," I paused to see if she would respond, "but the weirdest thing just happened to me. Can I please fiend?"

The door clicked open and she motioned for me to come inside. She handed over a mango stig. I smiled at her, "You're a lifesaver."

"Nah, I got you. I'm Red by the way," She took out an earbud, "You seem not lame, you new?"

"Yeah, I just moved here a week ago...and I'd like to think I'm not lame," I smiled at her before ghosting my inhale.

Before we could talk anymore, the bell rang. I looked at Red, concerned that I was going to be late for my first class at my new school, but she explained that it was just the five minute bell. I took a few more hits from her vape and we left the stall together. Red helped me find my first period.

"Good luck Y/n...I had Garrison for fourth grade and he was a total trip," she laughed and walked away, "I'll talk to you later."

I waved bye to her and stepped into my class. I took a deep breath and found a seat towards the back of the room. I leaned over my desk and dug through my bag, picking out a notebook and some pens to take notes with. I looked up and saw Clyde walking toward me. He chose the seat next to me.

"So are you going to tell me what happened back there or..." he said, looking at the door.

I looked at the door as well. I saw a big guy yelling obscenities at some red head kid. These two were followed by a blonde guy who was laughing. He was followed by the man of the hour, Stan, who was now rolling his eyes at his friends. They started making their way towards Clyde and me. Clyde just looked back at me, expecting me to explain my history with Stan.

"Clyde I-" I began. It was too late to say anything now, because the group was suddenly in front of our desks, "I'll text you."

Clyde nodded and now focused on the four guys in front of us. The big guy and the ginger were still yelling at each other, but now Stan was trying to intervene.

"What are they going on about now," Clyde asked.

"Dude, I couldn't tell you. They took a break from fighting all summer, but I guess their little truce ended as soon as we got to school," The blonde kid clasped hands with Clyde. He looked at me and sat in the desk in front of Clyde.